Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery.
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
How to Repair Microsoft Outlook 2000 PST File?
“I use Microsoft Outlook 2000 that included important Contacts and e-mails in it. But, from few days whenever I try to open Outlook PST file, I am getting error message. The message reads like this, “Errors in file… run inbox repair tool”. I ran Inbox Repair Tool but it failed to fix the issue. This error started encountering after I had migrated from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003 and then back to 2000 again. And I don’t know what went wrong during the process. Is there any better solution to get back contents of my Outlook 2000 PST file?”
The above situation is often faced by many Outlook users. Outlook 2000 has many user-friendly features when compared to its predecessor versions. Even after some enhancements added to it for managing personal information, there are some notable limitations in MS Outlook 2000. In the above mentioned scenario, the PST file of Outlook 2000 got corrupt as a result of Round-tripping. Round-tripping is migration from current version of Outlook to another version and then back to the previous version. And after this course of action, PST file of your Outlook gets damaged due to compatibility issue.
MS Outlook 2000 can also get corrupt due to below mentioned reasons:
- Virus infection: Harmful viruses from host computer or via internet can infect Outlook PST file to such an extent that file get damaged and rejects to open
- Abrupt termination of Outlook: Outlook PST file may get severely damaged when Outlook is abruptly terminated due to sudden power surge or unintentional system shutdown
- Incorrect compression technique: Making use of unorthodox compression techniques, failure of compression process or compression of file to very compact size can corrupt Outlook 2000 PST file
- Oversized PST file: Outlook 2000 PST file has size limit of 2 GB. When PST file exceeds this file size limit due to accumulation of emails and other Outlook items it becomes inaccessible on any Outlook version
- Re-installation of OS: Errors while re-installing OS can also damage Outlook 2000 PST file, that stops responding or freezes on startup
All the above mentioned scenarios will cause inaccessibility of PST file data due to corruption / damage. And to fix Outlook 2000 PST file, make use of PST repair tool such as Yodot Outlook PST Repair software which efficiently repairs and recover its attributes like e-mails, Contacts, Remainders, Tasks, Address Book, etc. in secure way.
Outlook 2000 PST file repair tool:
Damaged or corrupted Outlook 2000 PST file can be repaired with the assistance of Yodot Outlook PST Repair software. It is capable of repairing password protected, compressed / encrypted PST files on Windows OS. You can utilize this tool to repair PST file created on Outlook 2002, 2003, 2007 and Outlook 2010 versions. The software has read only mechanism and hence the source PST file won’t get altered after repair process. Try the demo version to understand its working better.
Easy steps to fix Outlook 2000 PST file:
- Download and install Yodot Outlook PST Repair software on your system
- Launch the software and you will come across a main screen having three options
- Select “Open PST File” option if you know the location of PST file
- Click “Find PST File”, if you want to search for the PST file on the system
- Go for “Select Outlook Profile” to select PST file from specific Outlook profile
- Next browse the destination path where you want to save the repaired PST file and select the type of scanning
- Make your selection for scanning from “Normal Scan” or “Smart Scan” and click on “Next”
- After scanning, the information of attributes present in the PST file will be displayed on software wizard
- Check the destination to view your repaired PST file
Precautionary measures to be considered are:
- Don’t forget to take backup of PST file once in a month
- Make sure that you exit Outlook before you turn off the system
- Avoid frequent attempts to migrate Outlook to different versions