Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery.
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Fix Damaged Outlook 2003 PST File
Outlook 2003 is a Microsoft application version released prior to Outlook 2007. Outlook 2003 has revolutionized the world with its new set of interactive features which were not included in other email clients. Outlook 2003 stores all important personal and professional emails and other Outlook data like Contacts, C Calendar, Notes, Appointments, etc. in .pst (personal storage table) format.
Many users found it very easy to access archive or emails using advanced search mechanism provided on Outlook 2003. But at times, you find it difficult to accomplish your task on Outlook 2003. As other applications even Outlook tends to get damaged or corrupted under many circumstances. After PST file corruption, you will not be able to access data from PST file no matter how hard you try. The program starts showing error notifications such as
- Outlook extend.dat file is missing
- Internal errors have been generated
- The file could not be repaired therefore cannot be reopened
- Errors have been detected in file ‘file path’
- An unknown error has occurred. 0X80040600
- Outlook .pst file can’t be found
These errors would be an indication for PST file corruption. Even, Inbox Repair tool Scanpst.exe may fail to fix Outlook 2003PST file corruption. You might be thinking that your MS Outlook 2003 PST file corruption can never be fixed. However corrupted PST files can be fixed by relying on effective PST file repair utility. But prior to that let us see some of the main reasons behind Outlook 2003 PST file corruption.
- Corrupt PST Header: If the PST file header is corrupt / damaged, then entire data on Outlook becomes inaccessible. Usually header file of a PST gets damaged due to improper system termination, viruses attack, application malfunction, etc.
- Oversized PST: As you use Outlook more, data starts accumulating in PST file and its size increases every day. PST file gets severely damaged when it grows bigger and crosses its fixed file size limit
- Sharing PST: Sharing Outlook PST file over different computer networks like Local Area Network (LAN) or Wide Area Network (WAN) for easy accessibility may sometimes damage Outlook PST file
- Other Issues: Any damage to Outlook 2003 registry entries, compacting PST file, migrating Outlook, re-installation of OS or sudden power surge while working on Outlook can affect PST file
Outlook 2003 PST Repair Utility:
Yodot Outlook PST Repair is a popular utility which fixes severely corrupt PST file and helps you regain access to your Outlook account. The tool mends corrupted PST file due to any of the reasons as mentioned above and recovers all emails, Contacts,Calendar entries, Journals, Attachments, etc. after repair process. It can fix PST file of various Outlook application versions like Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010 on Windows system.
Directions to use:
- Download and install Yodot Outlook PST Repair application to your Windows computer
- Install and run the utility by following ongoing instructions
- Start the repair process by choosing any one of the three options from the main screen
- Click on “Open PST file” option to select your corrupt PST file, if you know the exact file location
- Click on “Find PST file” option to search for the corrupt PST file (or)
- Use “Select Outlook Profile” option to open a particular Outlook PST file if you have multiple accounts
- Choose the appropriate scanning method
- Browse for the destination location and click “Repair”
- After completion of repair process, the software will display you the repaired PST file along with its elements like Contacts, Notes, Tasks, Journals, etc.
Things to Remember
- Terminate your MS Outlook application before repair process
- Install and keep updating antivirus program to scan and remove viruses
- Backup your PST file on daily or weekly basis