Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery.
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Solve Outlook 2007 Data File Not Closed Properly Error
“At times when I open Outlook 2007 data file on my desktop, I used to receive an error stating ‘data file was not closed properly. The file is being checked for problems.’ I ignored the error as everything was just fine. But now, it has become serious problem that error appears always whenever I try to access my mail account in Outlook 2007 and sometimes Outlook doesn’t turn on. Is there any solution to get rid of this Outlook error?”
Microsoft Outlook has eased the work of managing mail accounts on desktop in the absence of internet. Among all its versions, Outlook 2007 is excellently used by many home and business computer users. But, sometimes users may encounter unexpected situations wherein Outlook 2007 data file becomes inaccessible or corrupted by displaying various error messages. One such error that blocks access to Outlook 2007 data file is ‘The data file was not closed properly....’ error.
About Outlook 2007 data file not closed properly:
This error is caused in Outlook 2007 usually when data file header is damaged in any activities. Other prime factors that cause this error in Outlook 2007 data file are:
- When external application holding Outlook is open in background
- Exiting Outlook 2007 with Windows shortcut command Alt+F4, which will only make Outlook disappear from screen while keeping it active in background
- Impact of Microsoft Office add-ins associated with Outlook 2007
- When Outlook 2007 is synchronized onto handheld devices that keeps Outlook active
- Interference of virus or malware present on system hard drive
To avoid this error with Outlook 2007 data file, one can just try out these methods:
Method 1: Always close Outlook 2007 data file by going to File -> Exit option
Method 2: Run Process Explorer before shutting down the computer and check whether Outlook is running and if it is running wait till it closes completely.
Method 3: Check whether your anti-virus programs are up-to-date.
After carrying out these methods, if this error still persists with Outlook 2007 data file, then make use of reliable third party Outlook file repair tool to evade Outlook 2007 data file error.
Outlook 2007 data file repair tool:
As suggested by many experts, Yodot Outlook PST Repair software can fix Outlook 2007 data file that was not closed properly error on Windows computer. This program has simple user-interface and robust repair modules to easily mend corrupted, damaged or error showing Outlook 2007 data files in one-click process. Using this program, one can effortlessly fix all issues that render inaccessibility of Outlook 2007 data files. Along with PST, this tool can brilliantly fix OST file in Outlook 2007, 2010, 2003 and 2000 application versions. One can effortlessly repair Outlook data files on Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 and Server 2003 OS based computers.
Guidelines to fix data file not closed properly error in Outlook 2007:
- Download and install Yodot Outlook PST Repair software on your Windows system
- After complete installation, run it from start menu
- Main window appears with three major options to assist in selecting Outlook 2007 error showing data file
- 1. Open PST File – To choose Outlook 2007 data file from its default location
- 2.Find PST File – To search for required file when its default location is unknown
- 3. Select Outlook profile – To choose PST / OST file from multiple profiles
- Now, choose the mode of scanning between ‘Normal Scan’ and ‘Smart Scan’
- Also, mention destination folder to save repaired Outlook 2007 data file at the end of process
- Commence scanning process by clicking on ‘Next’ button
- Once done with scanning process, view repaired Outlook file attributes in preview mode
- Next, save repaired Outlook 2007 file to location preferred by user by clicking on ‘Save’ button
- Terminate Outlook 2007 application properly before shutting down Windows computer
- Make use of authenticated anti-malware program on Windows system to avoid Outlook errors