Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery.
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
How to Repair OST File on Microsoft Outlook 2007?
Outlook OST file is an offline folder which gets created when you are working Outlook in offline mode. When you work on Outlook without connecting to Exchange Server, it makes a copy of your mailbox on the Exchange Server and stores it in local file with .ost file extension. You can easily send emails from OST file that gets saved in offline ‘Outbox’ folder. You can further make various changes to Outlook attributes and these changes will be updated when Outlook connects to the Server again.
Outlook 2007 OST file can hold mail attributes like emails, contacts, appointments, calendar events, etc. and has many advanced features like new calendar sharing capabilities, added To-do bar, instant Search, etc. However, this offline OST file on Outlook 2007 can become corrupt and make you to face loss of Outlook data due to many reasons. And you need to repair OST file in order to fix these issues.
Common scenarios that create a need to repair Outlook 2007 OST file are:
- Increasing Outlook OST file size can make the file corrupt when it exceeds specified size limit. Later, you may not able to access any data from this oversized OST file
- Errors while syncing offline mailbox data with Exchange Server may damage complete Outlook data file and hence, you may end up in corrupt Outlook OST
- Virus infection may sometimes result in OST file corruption, thus causing inaccessibility of Outlook items in it
When you end up in corrupt / damaged OST file and lose precious data, first and foremost go for inbuilt Scanost.exe repair tool provided by Microsoft Outlook 2007 on Windows system. To locate Outlook Integrity Check tool on Windows system follow the given path - “C:\Program files\Microsoft office\OFFICE12” or “C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\LocaleID” where Locale ID is 1033 and follow these steps to repair your Outlook 2007 OST file:
- Terminate Outlook if running
- Double click on Scanost.exe option
- Next, select .ost file that needs to be repaired
- Check for repair Errors option
- Click on Begin scan option
Outlook 2007 OST Repair Tool:
Many times, this inbuilt repair utility fails to fix irregularities related to OST file. If that is the case, then try using Yodot Outlook PST Repair tool to resolve corrupt OST file. This tool is brilliantly designed to fix damaged PST and OST files of Microsoft Outlook 2007 on Windows PC. The application can be utilized to mend damaged / broken Outlook OST file as well as oversized OST file from various Outlook versions like Outlook 2003, 2000, 2002, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013 recovers all its items on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 2003 and Windows 2008 OS based computers.
Utilizing Outlook OST file repair tool:
- Terminate Outlook if you have opened it
- Download Yodot Outlook PST Repair tool and install it on your Windows system
- Next, run the utility by following on screen steps
- Soon, you will see a main window that consists of following three options
- 1. Open PST file – if you know the exact location of corrupt OST file
- 2. Find PST file – if don’t know exact location of your OST file
- 3. Select Outlook Profile – If your Outlook 2007 application has multiple profiles
- Select the appropriate option and click on Repair button
- You can also select the mode of scanning i.e. Normal Scan or Smart scan, based on the severity of file corruption or else, just skip it
- Software scans the corrupt OST file, progress bar showing the repair status
- After completion of repair process, specify a new location and save the repaired OST file
- During data synchronization make sure that there is complete network connectivity
- Maintain backup of Outlook data on external storage devices
- Do not make unnecessary changes to OST file that may corrupt the file