Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Fix Outlook 2010 That Does not Recognize PST File
“I have sold my old computer and backed up entire data from it into an external hard drive. Upon purchasing new laptop, I have copied entire data into it. In order to do my work on Outlook, I have imported PST 2010 file into my system by following appropriate steps. However, when I tried to open Outlook 2010 file to view my emails it displayed an error message that ‘Outlook 2010 does not recognize .pst file’. How can I remove this error message and make Outlook 2010 file viewable?.
If you have received an error message that Outlook 2010 cannot recognize PST file, then it means that location of your Outlook PST file has changed and Microsoft Outlook can no longer find it. When it happens follow below given steps to get Outlook 2010 file in a normal state.
- Open Outlook 2010 program and enter email address and password if you are asked
- Click on “File” menu and choose “Data Management” option from it
- Highlight the PST file which MS Outlook application cannot recognize. Hit upon the “remove” option and then click on “Yes”. This will remove reference of PST 2010 file in Outlook without deleting any item from it
- Hit on “Close” option to return to main Window of Outlook
- Navigate to the new location of PST file and double click it
Microsoft Outlook 2010 will now recognize PST file and open it. If you still find PST file in non-recognizable state, then it might have corrupted due to some interruptions while you are importing it. So, the only way to fix corrupted PST file is using secured Outlook 2010 PST file Repair software.
Tool to fix Outlook does not recognize PST file error:
Yodot Outlook PST Repair software can be your best choice to fix Outlook 2010 which does not recognize PST file. Other than repairing not recognized PST file and it is possible to restore its contents such as emails, attachments, contacts, tasks, notes, RSS feeds, calendars and so on by using this tool. This application is capable of fixing even password protected or encrypted Outlook 2010 PST files in simple steps. Besides fixing Outlook PST 2010 file, it can also repair OST file in Outlook 2010 and other versions of Outlook namely 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2013. As this software works only on read mode, it does not modify any files saved upon your computer running with Windows 8.1/8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows server 2003 and 2008 operating systems.
Procedure to repair Outlook that does not recognize PST file error:
- Download Yodot Outlook PST Repair software by clicking on the link provided and install it to your Windows computer
- After installation, run it to begin not recognized Outlook 2010 PST file repair process
- Main screen comes up with three options which are “Open PST File” “Find PST File” and “Select Outlook Profile”
- Select first option if you are aware of PST file location otherwise choose second option to find for it
- Select third option if you want to fix specific Outlook PST 2010 file
- Choose the location where you want to save repaired PST file
- Now select anyone scanning option out of the two, based on the level of corruption
- Permit the application to scan corrupted Outlook 2010 file and wait till it gets completed
- When repair process is done, you will get a message about successful repair of Outlook 2010 PST file
- Preview recovered items from repaired PST file and finally visit the location where you have saved fixed PST file
- Never try to import Outlook 2010 file if you are not aware of it steps
- Keep backup of Microsoft Outlook 2010 file to avoid corruption situations