Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery.
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Fixing Outlook 2010 Error Failed To Update Headers
“I am repeatedly getting error message on my Outlook 2010 that ‘program failed to update headers’. Recently I upgraded Windows 7 operating system to Windows 8. Outlook 2010 worked fine before I switched to Windows 8 and now my access to Outlook is being denied by error message. How can I solve this error and view contents from Outlook?”
When you install Microsoft Outlook 2010 on Windows computer, email headers are included with it. The headers give list of technical details of emails such as from whom it came, which program has been used to compose it as well as the email servers that have passed through the way to the recipient. It is very beneficial for detecting issues with emails; so in case Microsoft fails to update headers, you will get an error message which stops you accessing its information. However, you need not bother about it as you can troubleshoot the issue by trying below given steps:
- The antivirus software installed on your system scans IMAP protocol but may not get succeeded in scanning Microsoft Outlook 2010. So temporarily disable virus scanning in order to determine whether it is interfering. Also make sure that you scan Outlook 2010 PST file but not IMAP traffic
- Increase your Outlook mail server timeouts. To do this, first click on “Account settings” from your Outlook. Now press on your email account and then hit upon “More settings” Increase the server timeouts value to 5+ minutes by just clicking on “Advanced” option. Click “OK” to finish the process
- Verify that you have latest service pack installed. The setting with the firewall is the other cause for the failure of header updating process. Re-configuring firewall would be useful in solving the header failure issue
However, headers in Microsoft Outlook 2010 may also fail to update due to corruption issue. For solving the issue, close Microsoft Outlook 2010 program and then go to “Program”’ file folder present in Windows “C” drive. Now open Microsoft Office Folder. You need to Open Office14 folder and search for ‘SCANPST.exe’. (You should login as administrator). With this procedure, you can find your PST file and then move that file to “AppData” folder within the “C” drive of your computer. Finally restart Microsoft Outlook application for proper working. In case this method too fails to work, then install standard Outlook PST Repair software on your Windows computer.
Resolve error Outlook 2010 failed to update headers:
Yodot Outlook PST Repair software will definitely help you to remove ‘program failed to update headers errors’ in Outlook 2010 PST file when above methods does not work. It is fully capable of eliminating all errors from Outlook 2010 and other versions. This PST file repair software is based on complex algorithm and these algorithm look through PST file to take certain information. Soon after this, it will repair PST file and place recovered data in a new and healthy PST file, so that you can read and use it as usual. It is very easy to use and can be employed virtually by anyone even by least technically inclined person as it has simple UI, which is very interactive and simple to understand. All the steps are self-explanatory and it can be controlled within 3-4 clicks of a mouse.
Method to repair failed to update headers error in Outlook 2010:
- Download and install Yodot Outlook PST Repair software to your computer
- Run the application to start repairing Outlook file; Select any of the three options present in the main screen i.e. “Open PST file” “Find PST file” and “Select Outlook profile”
- Select the appropriate scanning method like for minor corruption use “Normal Scan” and for severe corruption utilize “Smart Scan”
- Browse for the destination path and click “Repair”
- Once the application completes the repair process, you can view the data like emails, tasks, notes etc. from repaired Outlook 2010 PST file
- Save repaired Outlook 2010 PST file to any location on your computer
Points to Remember:
- Follow proper procedure to backup Outlook 2010 file before upgrading operating system
- Make sure that the antivirus which you have installed on your computer is updated