Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery.
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Repair MAPI Error of MS Outlook 2010
Microsoft Outlook 2010, a wonderful development by Microsoft Corporation has ruled the digital era in providing safe and convenient way of accessing ones mail account even when there is not network connectivity. It affords you to save emails, calendar events, tasks, journals, personal folders, etc. attributes within a single file called Outlook PST file.
However, there are many instances, wherein PST file data will be lost due to inaccessibility. Most common situation is error notifications when you try opening your Outlook that blocks you from accessing PST data. Many other times, you may encounter errors like MAPI – unexpected error while trying to send / receive any mails on your Microsoft Outlook 2010.
What is MAPI error in Outlook 2010?
Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) “Unspecified error” usually gets displayed when you try sending an attachment via MS Word on Outlook 2010. The error message reads like this, “Outlook 2010: Internal MAPI Error: The profile does not contain the requested service. Contact your Admin”
One may also encounter the following MAPI error codes on Outlook 2010:
- mapi 1.0 error outlook 2010
- mapi.dll error outlook 2010
- an error occurred while initializing mapi outlook 2010
- Outlook 2010: an internal MAPI error has caused this logon attempt to fail
- mapi failure unspecified error outlook 2010
How to resolve MAPI internal error?
When you come across such errors while working on Outlook 2010 PST, most of the users terminate Outlook and restart the system. If this isn’t work then following handy solutions can be used:
- Closing Word, Outlook and restarting the system
- Uninstall MS Outlook / Office 2010 and reinstall the application
- Renaming mapi.dll / mapi32.dll file
- Try running fixmapi.exe inbuilt tool
- Setting the default email client as Outlook
In case, you do not fix the issue with Outlook 2010 MAPI error by following the above suggestions then try using any third party repair utility that could ease your work of fixing this Outlook error.
Which software can mend mapi.dll error on MS Office Outlook 2010?
Professionals suggest making use of renowned Outlook PST repair utility such as Yodot Outlook PST Repair that can effortlessly fix Outlook PST errors and make the file bug free. The software is trustworthy as it does not affect the PST file contents during repair process by using read-only repair algorithms. You can fix various errors caused due to CRC error, PST header corruption, synchronization errors, virus infection, etc. on MS Outlook 2010. It also allows fixing PST file from Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003 Outlook 2007 versions on Windows OS based computers.
Steps to repair Outlook 2010 MAPI error:
- Download and install Yodot Outlook PST Repair software on your Windows system
- Launch the software and you will come across a main screen having three options
- Select “Open PST File” option if you know the location of PST file
- Click “Find PST File”, if you want to search for the PST file on the system
- Go for “Select Outlook Profile” to select PST file from specific Outlook profile
- Next browse the destination path where you want to save the repaired PST file
- Make your selection for scanning from “Normal Scan” or “Smart Scan” and click on “Next”
- After scanning, attributes of repaired Outlook file will be displayed on software wizard
- Check the destination to view your repaired PST file
- Protect the PST file from harmful viruses by using proper antivirus tool
- Avoid abrupt termination of Outlook application and always close it using safe mode
- It is recommended to maintain multiple backup of Outlook data to overcome any data loss