Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Repair OST and PST File in Microsoft Outlook 2010
“I am using Outlook 2010 tool to carry out my work and after finishing my work, I always connect it to Exchange Server to update information which I have added. Today morning at the time of synching Outlook OST 2010 to exchange server my system got shut down. Upon restarting the system, I have successfully synced OST 2010 to Server, but it showed an error message that data file is corrupted. I have disconnected Outlook OST file from exchange server and tried to open it, but again it showed error message that Outlook OST file is corrupted. Also, PST file which is present in my computer is corrupted due to unknown reason. What can I do to repair both my PST and OST file on Windows computer?
Have you faced similar issues and wondering how to get rid of it? Well, when situation like above encounters, most of the users use Scanpst.exe tool to fix issues. Inbox Repair Tool tries to fix issues by resetting file structure of Outlook data file, thereby rebuilding headers of Outlook items. However, integrity checked tool or ScanOST was removed from OST file when Microsoft Outlook 2010 was introduced. So, you can only fix PST file with the help of Inbox Repair Tool as it is available to correct errors in 2010 PST file. Although, Inbox Repair Tool has the potential to fix certain issues in Outlook PST file, it will not help you in case of severe Outlook data file corruption. Hence, to completely fix OST and PST file in Outlook 2010, one can rely on efficient Outlook data file repair software.
Suspected causes behind OST and PST file corruption:
Apart from synchronization error that corrupts OST file at the time of connecting it to Exchange Server, Outlook 2010 OST and PST file can get damaged or inaccessible due to following reasons:
- Power Failure: Sometimes power might cut at the time when you are working on Outlook 2010 PST or OST file. If you are lucky enough, then nothing will happen to Outlook file and you can access your data from Outlook account as usual. However, it result in OST and PST file damage many times
- Virus Attack: If you download any file from Outlook 2010 PST file which is infected with viruses, then it might corrupt PST file and at the same time does not allow you to work offline as it corrupts OST file as well
- Forceful Shut Down: At the time of shutting down your computer, one should click on small arrow icon present at the right hand side of your computer task bar to check whether any program is running. If any application is running then you should exit it by right clicking. Failing to do so could corrupt the program including OST and PST 2010>
- System Freeze: In case you are using old computer then it might freeze frequently and stop you from accessing any file present in your computer. If your computer freezes at the time you are using OST or PST file then you might abruptly close it to get it back in normal condition. But many times this will damage Outlook OST as well as PST file and make its data inaccessible.
Outlook 2010 PST and OST file repair tool:
Yodot Outlook PST Repair software is the advanced tool which can be used to repair PST and OST data file in MS Outlook 2010 even though its name specifies that it is PST file repair software. This application can fix severely damaged PST and OST file whether it is of smaller size or more than 10GB. It is provided with all the necessary options that will make your Outlook 2010 PST and OST data file repair process easier and successful. It even guides you to search for Outlook 2010 PST and OST file in case you are not aware of its location on your computer hard drive. This Outlook data file software is safe to use and does not harm original PST or OST file during repairing and shows you its structure in preview soon after completion of repair process. It is possible to fix Outlook data file not responding or showing errors on Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013 versions. This tool works on all desktop and laptop hard drives working with Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 operating systems.
Steps for mending Outlook 2010 OST and PST file:
Note: Select either PST file OST file in Outlook 2010 while selecting Outlook data file for repairing, because this tool can fix only one Outlook data file at a time.
- First of all download Yodot Outlook PST Repair software and install it to your Windows computer
- Now install the application by following certain steps
- Launch the software and go according to the instructions provided on the screen
- Main screen shows three options which are “Open PST File” “Find PST File” and “Select Outlook Profile”
- Make your selection as per the scenario and go further to specify the location in which you want to save repaired PST and OST file
- Choose anyone of scanning option between ‘Normal Scan’ and ‘Smart Scan’ and wait till it gets finished
- View recovered items from repaired 2010 PST or OST file and at last go to the location in which you have saved fixed Outlook 2010 OST and PST file
Directions to Follow:
- Properly close all the programs which is running from background before shutting down your computer
- Never work on OST and PST file when there is continuous fluctuation in power supply