Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery.
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Repairing Outlook 2010 OST File on Windows 7
“I have installed my Windows 7 computer with Microsoft Outlook application and I often work in offline mode. Recently, I upgraded Outlook from 2007 to 2010 version. After update, Outlook started giving trouble, the window used to freeze or hang frequently and thus OST file turned corrupt. Since, Outlook 2010 lacks integrity check tool i.e. ScanOST; I tried using ScanPST, but it was unable to fetch expected result. I even tried if Windows 7 could help to solve the problem, but was out of luck. Now, how can I repair Outlook 2010 OST on Windows 7? Kindly share your valuable comments.”
Outlook 2010 version by Microsoft Office Outlook involved many improved features when compared to its pre-version 2007. Using Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 OS based computer can deliver excellent performance in managing mail account in both online and offline mode. But, while using Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 in offline mode, user may encounter serious trouble to access mail account data. Major cause for such troubles would be Outlook 2010 OST file corruption.
Factors that would corrupt Outlook 2010 OST file on Windows 7 are:
- Inappropriate Outlook 2010 configuration
- Incorrect process of OST file export or import
- Erroneous Outlook upgrade
- False Windows 7 update
- Frequent termination of Outlook 2010 while using OST file
- Power outage to Windows 7 system
- Impact of malicious viruses present on Windows 7 hard drive
- Errors while synchronizing Outlook 2010 OST file with Exchange Server mailbox
When Outlook 2010 OST file gets corrupt due to any of these reasons on Windows 7 system, Outlook may not open or display different error messages on startup. Fortunately, one need not bother about mail items present in damaged Outlook 2010 OST file because it is now possible to resolve this kind of situations by using third party Outlook repair tool.
Outlook 2010 OST file repair application:
As suggested by many Windows computer users and some professionals, Yodot Outlook PST Repair is the best utility to fix Outlook 2010 OST file in Windows 7 system. Repair strategies involved in this Outlook repair tool can easily fix corrupted, damaged or unreadable OST files created on Microsoft Outlook 2010. In addition, this repair program can excellently restore Outlook 2010 email attachments, contacts, calendar events, Tasks, journals, etc. just in clicks. Along with OST file, it even repairs PST file created on Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, 2003, 2013 and 2000 versions. One can use this tool not only on Windows 7, but also on Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 and 2003 OS based computers.
Steps to fix Outlook 2010 OST on windows 7:
- Download Yodot Outlook PST Repair software on your Windows 7 system
- Install the software and run it from start menu
- Main screen appears with three major options to choose OST file from system hard drive
- 1. Open PST File – To choose OST file from its default location
- 2. Find PST File – To search for OST file when its default location is unknown
- 3. Select Outlook profile – to choose OST file of particular user account from multiple profiles
- Now, move next and choose the mode of scanning between Normal Scan and Smart scan
- Also, mention destination folder to save repaired Outlook 2010 OST file at the end of repair process
- Click next and commence scanning process on select Outlook 2010 OST file
- Once done with scanning process, view repaired OST file attributes in preview mode
- At last, save fixed Outlook 2010 OST file to desired target location on Windows 7 computer
Things to Remember!!
- Always hold backup of Outlook 2010 OST file to overcome file corruption situations
- Make sure that Outlook 2010 OST is properly configured with Exchange Server
- Follow proper procedure to upgrade, configure or do any crucial tasks with Outlook 2010