Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
How to fix PST cannot Move Items Error in Outlook 2010?
Outlook 2010 is a personal and professional information management application that allows you to email, manage contacts, schedule calendar and other activities related to communication. It is a part of Office suite 2010 and commonly used in small scale to large scale organization. It includes new features that make you better manage time and information. The advanced feature of Outlook 2010 is the ability to capture screenshots and paste them into documents.
Even after having these many features also, user may feel difficulty to use Outlook 2010, when he/she will face below kind of errors:
"Cannot move items. The item cannot be moved. It was either already moved or deleted, or access was denied”
“Cannot move items. Error have been detected in the file (path to .pst file location)”
“cannot move the items. You don’t have appropriate permission to perform this operation”
This kind of error message will popup when user tries to move any email (either it may be a new or a old email)
If above kind of error message will occur while using PST file, then these error messages cannot be solved by common user who don’t have technical knowledge.
- Open Control Panel and click on Mail
- Change the setting of when starting Microsoft Outlook, use this profile and select Always use this profile and select profile which you want to set as default
- Then click on Apply button, and try to reopen Outlook to check the status of the issue.
If Outlook shows same issue even after applying above solutions, then the problem is severe. Due to incorrect settings your Outlook profile might have corrupted. To fix this error apply solution 2 which is mentioned below.
Reasons for this kind of error messages are:
The main reason to occur this issue is working folder for email conversion was located on a busy/slow drive. One more fact is move operation is basically a copy operation (copy operation of original items to new location) and later original item automatically will get deleted.
The occurrence of above issue means you have passed deleted items folder without noticing. On the other hand, for some reasons, if deleted items folder is corrupted, you will encounter above error.
In case, you have faced such kind of error, then apply below mentioned technique to fix it.
- Go to Start menu -> then go to Registry Editor by entering Regedit
- Find and click on following key in registry:
- In right side pane, double click on Folder Path
- After that in String Editor box type path of a folder on a faster drive, and click on “Ok”
- Finally close Registry Editor
If you are unable to solve above error even fter applying above solution then apply below technique.
Technique 2: Using Outlook PST Repair software :
By using Outlook PST Repair software you can fix this error and make PST file to move items as usual. If you are thinking to use worthy and reliable repair tool, then Yodot Outlook PST Repair is the right choice for you.
Software to fix PST cannot move items error in Outlook 2010:
Yodot Outlook PST Repair is the best software to fix when Outlook 2010 PST cannot move the items error on windows system. This tool can efficiently fix above mentioned error and make your PST file to move items like as it do in before corruption. Apart from this, it can solve other PST related errors such as send and receive error in MS Outlook, Outlook PST that cannot be accessed, corrupted header in MS Outlook PST file, password protected PST file, Outlook IMAP error 0x8004DF0B and so on. In addition to Outlook 2010, it can also support various Outlook versions such as 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007and 2013. This program is compatible with all versions of Windows system such as Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and 2008.
Procedure to solve PST cannot move items error in Outlook 2010:
- Download and install Yodot Outlook PST Repair utility on Windows system
- Run the installed program and follow onscreen guidelines in order to fix error which is mentioned above
- From primary screen of this tool, you will get three options such as “Open PST File”, “Find PST File”, “Select Outlook Profile” ,select any option as per error you are facing
- Then, select Outlook 2010 PST file that has to be fixed
- Choose suitable scanning method from “Normal Scan” or “Smart Scan” and browse for destination path where error free Outlook 2010 PST file has to be stored
Tips to prevent cannot move items error in Outlook 2010!!
- Avoid to handle large volumes of emails in a single operation
- Be alert against virus attacks
- Follow proper procedure while upgrading Outlook version