Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery.
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
How to Fix Outlook 2013 PST Data File?
Outlook is one of the elegant email clients for most of the Windows computer as well as Mac users. Additionally this application is now available on other gadgets like Smartphones too. The newest version Outlook 2013 has come up with attractive features than ever. Added with excellent and improved appearance in sleek new design, one can easily view the attributes like calendar, contacts, inbox mails, etc. within a simple click. It allows user to tract the contact details of a person just by clicking of People Hub tab at the bottom of the window.
Outlook 2013 is also added with a new ‘attachment reminder’ option to notify when you mention as attachment in the mail and forget to add the attachment; avoiding the task to resend the mail second time with attachment. It also includes a new ‘message preview’ as well as improved customize options to manage and filter unread inbox mails just in one click. Further, the application also provides weather updates of present day through Weather Bar and many other effective features. However, PST file of Office 2013 is still prone to damage and corruption due to vast reasons.
Given below are few common scenarios that result in corruption of Outlook 2013 PST file:
- Downloading virus infected emails on Outlook 2013 will damage the PST file that will cause inaccessibility of Outlook data
- Incorrect way of upgrading Outlook from old version to newer 2013 version may sometimes corrupt the PST file
- While importing and exporting Outlook 2013 PST file, occurrence of any errors will corrupt the data file completely
- Performing unknown actions without having proper knowledge of Outlook 2013 like changing the preferences settings of the account, erasing any important program file like .dll that is responsible for proper working of Outlook, etc. will also result in damaged PST file
Apart from the above, hard drive crash, presence of bad sectors on system hard drive, OS reinstallation errors, format errors, etc. might also lead to corruption of Outlook 2013 PST file on your Windows system.
How to resolve issues in Outlook 2013 PST file?
The first known method is to go for inbuilt repair tool, ScanPST.exe (scnpst). This can be found in the below mentioned locations:
- For 32-bit Outlook 2013 on Windows 32bit and for 64-bit Outlook version on Windows 64-bit version – “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15”
- For 32bit Outlook 2013 and Windows 64bit version – “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15”
Browse for ScanPST and fix the issues with PST file. If this is not working then without performing any other experiment on Outlook PST file make use of third party reliable PST repair tool.
Best software to fix corrupt Outlook 2013 PST:
Yodot Outlook PST Repair is the most suggested software to repair Microsoft Outlook 2013 PST file. Apart from Outlook 2013, this software can mend Outlook PST files from different MS office versions like 2003, 2007 and 2010. The tool includes read-only repair algorithms that do not affect Outlook file contents during repair process and also extract accidentally deleted items on Outlook. It reads and copies data from original PST file to make new PST file by fixing all its irregularities. You can resolve Outlook data files that are damaged on behalf of CRC error, PST header corruption, synchronization errors, virus infection, oversize, etc. Also, the tool can fix Outlook OST file from Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0, 5.5, 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010 versions on Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP and other well known operating systems.
Steps to mend Outlook 2013 PST file:
- Download the software on your Windows system where Outlook PST resides and install it flawlessly
- In the main screen, you will find three major options
- 1. Open PST – click for this, when exact PST file location is known
- 2. Find PST – click on this button to browse for Outlook 2013 PST file on the system
- 3. Select Outlook Profile – Click on this option to choose PST file on multiple Outlook profiles
- After selecting the required PST file by following any of these options click on Repair button
- The repair process starts and its status will be given in progress bar
- After completion of the process, the repaired PST file will be displayed in Outlook styled interface
- Go through the Outlook data file contents
- Then select a destination location to save the file and click save
- Always perform known activities on Outlook to avoid unintentional disasters
- Have regular backup of Outlook 2013 PST file to overcome file corruption and damage
- Make use of good antivirus program to get rid of malicious bugs entering your system