Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery.
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Is It Possible to Repair PST and OST Data Files in MS Outlook?
Of course!!! With the advancement in technology you can fix any problem regarding Microsoft Outlook. As you know that the complete data of Microsoft Outlook is saved in a single file that has extension .pst. This file efficiently communicates with Microsoft Exchange Server for smooth functioning of Outlook. You can also access MS Outlook contents when Exchange Server is in downtime i.e offline mode, thereby it act as a stand alone application. The offline folder of Microsoft outlook is saved in OST file format. It's kept in hard drive of the system by cashing the info in offline mode
As MS Outlook is a shared, multiuser application, in some critical scenarios you may lose access to your Outlook account/profile. In such instances Outlook data file i.e. PST and OST may get damaged and you might observe error warning like “C:\Users\...Outlook.pst is in use…. close any application that is using PST file”, “Errors has been detected in the file Outlook.ost” and other errors on Microsoft Outlook. In such condition, you may close the application or even shutdown the system for few minutes to overcome problem. But, Outlook might continue with same error messages. Then your first responsibility is to know about the reasons behind such errors:
- Abnormal system turn off due to power surge when Outlook is being accessed or while performing some task in it
- You might have improperly terminated the Outlook while shutting down your computer
- Improper synchronization between the OST file and Exchange Server may originates some errors
- Low internet connectivity or network failure might cause the OST file corruption during conversion of OST to PST file
- Virus infection and PST or OST files exceeding their fixed file size limit can also cause Outlook data files corruption
Now considering on how much you depended on your Outlook account!!! Thinking about the thousands of mails you have received and sent with important attachments including contact list, calendars, reminders, tasks, journals, RSS feeds and other personal data folders, you will get picture on how big was your PST or OST files of MS Outlook. Therefore, as soon as when you suspect that the data file (.pst and .ost) is damaged, you have to make use of the Inbox Repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair Outlook PST file. Microsoft offers an inbuilt OST Integrity Check Tool that performs scanning and repairs errors in OST file
However, the Inbuilt Repair tools for .pst or .ost files on your system may fail to predict the error and incapable to repair severely corrupted Outlook Data files PST and OST. In such circumstances, make use of fine Outlook PST file repair application like Yodot Outlook PST Repair.
Few points about the software:
Yodot Outlook PST Repair can easily fix Outlook PST and OST data files irrespective of the reason for their corruption. This utility effortlessly repairs highly damaged and corrupted PST and OST data files and even mends password protected or encrypted Outlook PST and OST files successfully. In addition, it can renovate PST and OST files of Microsoft Outlook 2000, Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010. This tool will work flexible with all computers and laptops systems installed with Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 and 2008 operating systems.
Steps to repair the Outlook data files such as PST and OST:
- Download and install Yodot Outlook PST Repair utility to your Windows laptop or desktop
- Setup the software and track the on screen instructions
- The application displays a screen with three option “Find PST File” or “Open PST File” or “Outlook Profile” options, choose any of the option as pre your need and browse for the PST or OST file of your Microsoft Outlook profile
- Select the suitable scanning method
- Browse for your desired destination location and click on “Repair” button
- Observe PST file repair process by looking at progress bar
- After completion of repair process you will be able to see the fixed PST or OST file with all its items
- Try to terminate the Outlook application properly after completing all tasks performing in it
- Make use of quality anti-virus application, to keep system free from viruses
- Backup your Outlook PST file that will help at the time of data loss