Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Fix PST File after MS Outlook 0x80040116 Error
Outlook is the number one application by millions of people around the globe for communication purpose via emails. Other than sending and receiving emails, the user can also perform other tasks like saving contacts on address book, making note of valuable entries on calendar and creating multiple folders on Inbox as per the requirement, saving drafts so as to send messages at later stage and so on.
Well everything works on fine without any trouble, but at some point of time, you may get surprised with some error popping out of the Outlook application stating that the PST file is corrupted and you can no longer access your account.
Some of the most common errors that occur in Outlook are:
- Outlook error 0x800ccc18: This error arises when the user is trying to use Secure Password Authentication and Secure Password Authentication is not enabled on Exchange Server computer
- Outlook 080042108 Error: This error message occurs when Outlook is not able to connect your incoming (POP3) e-mail server
- Outlook error 0x800ccc90: This is a receiving reported error, (POP3) e-mail server has reported some internal error
- Outlook Error 554: It occurs when the messages cannot be delivered on to the address due to some rejection by the Server on destination
- Outlook Error 550: This error is generated when one of the recipients is rejected by the Server, almost similar to the one mentioned above
Apart from the mentioned errors, Outlook 0x80040116 error is also found to be the most common one in MS Outlook. This error comes when some damage has occurred to the index of the PST file. The index of PST file gets damaged when there is virus infection, sudden loss of power, abrupt system termination, improper exit of Microsoft Outlook tool and so on. Once the PST file is damaged, you cannot get access to its data. What should be done now? Is there any way in which you can get back access to PST file by overcoming these Outlook errors? Or is all the information stored on the PST file gone for good?
Relax; your essential data is just inaccessible due to PST file corruption after encountering outlook 0x80040116 error. You can resolve this error and access data from PST file using perfect Outlook PST file repair tool. Thinking which tool to use? Here is a tool named Yodot Outlook PST Repair to solve your worried related to PST file.
Fixing Outlook 0x80040116 error:
Yodot Outlook PST Repair is the most recommended application when it comes to repairing damaged PST file which generates 0x80040116 errors when the user tries to PST file. It has user friendly graphical interface, so that even a novice person can perform PST repair process without facing any trouble. Well known feature about this PST repair tool is that it does not add or alter source PST file content, but it just creates new PST file similar to the original one and copies all PST file data into it. Thus it ensures that none of the information is missed and the original PST file is protected from further corruption.
Simple steps to fix Outlook 0x80040116 error:
- Download and install Yodot Outlook PST Repair application on your Windows computer by logging in as local system administrator
- On completion of installation process you can view the shortcut icon on desktop
- Launch the program and follow onscreen instructions to begin with repair process of PST file
- The options that are provided on the main screen of the program are Open PST, Find PST File, and Select Outlook Profile
- If you know the location of PST file then click on Open PST file; if you need to find the location of the PST file then click on Find PST File and to change the Outlook profile click on Select Outlook Profile
- Select an appropriate option and in the next screen browse for the PST file and then click on next button
- In the next screen, click on Normal Scan or Smart Scan option as per the scenario that has caused corruption to the PST file
- After that select the destination path where the PST file has to be saved and then click on the Repair button
- The scanning process takes place and progress bar showing status of PST file repair process is shown
- After completion of PST file repair, you can view the contents of the repaired PST file including emails and other Outlook attributes
- Install best antivirus application to prevent virus infection on your computer
- Regularly update your Microsoft Outlook tool
- Install good source of power backup to prevent sudden system shutdown while using PST file