Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Fix MS Outlook Cannot Access PST File Error
“I just uninstalled my Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 and saved my Outlook PST file as well as cleared the AppData directory, that contains PST file and related files of MS Outlook. Later I installed Outlook 2010, but when I launched the installed MS Outlook 2010, it is showing error message ‘Outlook cannot access PST file’ on Windows system. Therefore, I copied Outlook.pst file again in AppData directory. However, when I opened PST file again same error was repeating. Where I went wrong!! I don’t want to lose sent and received emails present in my Outlook PST file. Any suggestion to resolve this Outlook PST file error will be appreciateable!!"
Non-savy Outlook users often face this kind of issues and suffer from huge amount of data loss in Outlook PST file. Outlook cannot access PST file error occur when read-only option is enabled in Outlook PST file. By right clicking on PST file, in Properties section you can uncheck the ‘read only’ option to overcome this error. However, ‘Outlook cannot access PST file’ error in above mentioned scenario implies corrupted mail profile i.e corrupted PST file. When you removed AppData directory data, before importing Outlook.pst conversely corrupts your mail profile and pops up this error message. One should not remove the AppData directory, because newly installed MS Outlook version automatically takes settings of previous Outlook version.
In few events, when you move copied Outlook PST file with same file name will overwrite the PST file and corrupts your mail profile. You can fix corrupted or inaccessible Outlook PST file using Inbox Repair tool (Scanpst.exe). In case this utility fails to repair erroneous PST file, then make use of relevant Outlook PST file repair software like Yodot Outlook PST Repair to fix Outlook cannot access PST file error.
Software to fix Outlook cannot access PST file error:
Yodot Outlook PST Repair is the best choice to fix error Outlook cannot access PST file on Windows system. It has a simple interface with interactive on-screen instructions that make you repair severely damaged or corrupted Outlook PST file easily. This software can fix errors in Outlook PST file like synchronization error, oversized PST file error, CRC error, etc within few simple mouse clicks. This PST file repair application repairs corrupt PST file as well as recovers emails, contacts, calendar items, attachments, tasks, notes, journals, etc stored in it. You can even mend PST file and OST file of Outlook 2000, Outlook 2002, Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2013 versions. The utility is compatible with Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008 and 2003 operating systems.
Steps to resolve Microsoft Outlook cannot access PST file error:
- Download and install Yodot Outlook PST Repair tool to Windows system by logging in as system admin
- Run the software and then proceed with main screen instructions
- In main screen, you will find three options such as "Open PST File”, “Find PST File” and “Select PST File”
- Select "Open OST File" option to browse erroneous Outlook PST file if you know its absolute path; otherwise make use of “Find OST File” option to locate PST file
- If you have multiple MS Office Outlook profiles, then use “Select PST file” option to choose intended PST file
- Once the corrupted Outlook PST file is selected, click on “Next” button that will provide you with “Normal Scan” or “Smart Scan” options; select any of the options based on severity of PST file corruption
- After that browse for destination location where the repaired PST file has to be saved
- On completion of the repair process, user can view the fixed Outlook PST file along with its contents
- Make multiple copies of Outlook PST file before upgrading or updating Microsoft Office Outlook
- Ahead of fixing any errors in Outlook PST file, have accurate knowledge about the complete process