Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Fix Corrupt Inbox of Outlook
There are majority of users who rely on MS Outlook in their organization or at their home as email application. Outlook stores sent and received emails in separate mailbox folder, where Inbox is the most vital folder that contains all received emails. You can customize Outlook Inbox as per your requirement. For an instance you create different folders and assign path for incoming mails to get stored in particular folder in Outlook Inbox.
In some situations, this Outlook Inbox becomes inaccessible due to corruption. For example imagine that you have opened Outlook 2007 in order to access emails from Inbox. But upon clicking on “Inbox” folder, it displayed an error "Errors have been detected in the file 'file_path'. Quit all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox Repair Tool." You are completely clueless of these errors and why Outlook Inbox folder is not opening? Don’t get upset. This message indicates that inbox contains some errors and in order to eliminate it you have to use Inbox Repair Tool.
Scenarios which may corrupt the Outlook Inbox folders are:
- Using PST file over network: Outlook PST file can get corrupted when you use it over shared network due to defective network devices or due to frequent modification by multiple users
- Outlook Up-gradation: When you upgrade Outlook from an older to a newer version, there are possibilities of PST file corruption due to compatibility issues and as a result you may not view emails from its Inbox folders
- Header Corruption: Header might get damaged as a consequence of abrupt termination of Outlook, severe virus attacks, etc and corrupts Outlook Inbox
- Others: Sending bulky emails to many people at a time or PST file crossing its fixed file size limit can freeze Outlook PST file, which later stops working and you won’t be able to access its Inbox emails
Using Inbox Repair Tool:
The Inbox Repair Tool for Outlook is get installed by default while installing MS Office suite. It is located in Drive C: Program Files -> Common Files -> System -> MSMAPI ->1033. The executable file is stored as Scanpst.exe. In order to open Inbox tool, you need to double click on the Scanpst.exe file. But before using Inbox repair tool, you should make sure that Microsoft Outlook is closed. You have to click on the browse button to choose PST file its default location is "C:\Documents and Settings\USER_NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\". Here user name is the name you use to login to Windows PC. The scanning procedure will begin once you click on the Start button. When the scanning process gets finished, you will see a notification screen of found errors. Make sure you mark the checkbox for making a backup of the scanned file, then click on the "Repair" button. When this process is done, you are able to start Outlook and use personal Outlook folders.
Best way to repair Outlook Inbox:
But what if Inbox Repair Tool does not help you to fix PST file corruption? Well, in such case you have to make use of tool capable of resolving corruption issues in PST file. Yodot Outlook PST Repair is the best tool to fix corrupt Outlook PST file and Inbox folder due to any sort of issues. After repairing PST file, you can access emails from Inbox or any other Outlook mailbox. Along with emails, it will also recover Outlook items like drafts, emails attachments, Notes, Journals, Tasks, Contacts, Calendar entries, etc. from PST file. It intensively scans corrupted PST file and displays repaired PST file contents in Outlook styled view, from where user can select any item and expand it to view its details. The whole repair process is performed perfectly without changing the source file structure.
Quick and Easy Steps to Repair Outlook Inbox 2007
- Download Yodot Outlook PST Repair software by clicking on download option provided above and install it to your computer
- Execute the software and stick to the main screen procedures
- Three options will be displayed on the main screen “Open PST file”, “Find PST File” and “Outlook Profile”
- Click on “Open PST File” option to browse and open your PST file
- Select “Find PST File” button to search and locate your PST file
- Choose “Outlook Profile” option to select specific Outlook profile, if you have multiple Outlook accounts
- Select the suitable scanning technique and browse for the destination location and click on “Repair” button
- After finishing the repair process, the utility displays repaired elements in a Outlook styled menu
Suggestions to Follow
- Do not use Inbox Repair Tool if you dont know the proper method as it can also damage your PST file severely
- make sure that you dont close Outlook while you are sending or receiving emails