Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery.
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Repair Microsoft Outlook PST File Access Denied Error
Are you getting file access is denied in PST error message when you try to import a .pst file in Microsoft Outlook? Don’t worry. Try to know the reasons behind this error message and how to fix this issue with inbuilt options available in Outlook.
Nowadays most of the users go for Outlook to have secure and confidential way of communication. Microsoft Outlook also offers easy way to store valuable information regarding your daily professional and personal life. As PST file contains complete Outlook data, one will backup this file before performing operations like reinstalling operating system, formatting your hard drive partitions, repartitioning existing drives and many more tasks in your system.
After completion of these tasks, you will restore back data including Outlook PST file. However, while importing PST file Outlook might display error message like “Unable to open PST file error details access to the path is denied” on system. The primary reason behind this error is enabled “Read Only” option of Outlook PST file. To remove read only feature follow below mentioned steps:
- Right click on the PST files, select “Properties” options
- Disable “Read Only” check box and click Ok
These steps make PST file import process successful. In case you directly use import function in Outlook, then PST file will get corrupt. In order to counter Outlook PST corruption, Microsoft Office Outlook has an inbox repair tool called as “Scanpst.exe” that corrects the internal structure of Outlook PST file and fix its corruption. But this repair utility has a very low success rate and might fail to fix damaged PST fie. If you come across such situation, then no need to get disappointed you can resolve Outlook PST file access denied error with the aid of Yodot Outlook Repair software.
Tool to repair PST file access denied error:
Yodot Outlook PST Repair application is very helpful in repairing inaccessible PST file after Outlook PST file access denied error on Windows system. This software easily fixes Outlook PST file even if it is severely corrupted / damaged. The program rigorously repairs and automatically restores emails as well as other Outlook items like contacts, calendar items, journals, tasks, notes, etc. It can mend corrupt PST files of various versions such as Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013. More to this, the utility is compatible with all editions of Microsoft Windows operating systems like Windows 8, Window 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008 and 2003.
Steps to fix access denied error in Outlook PST file:
- Download and install Yodot Outlook PST Repair program to your computer
- Run the application and make use of “Open PST file” option to browse for the corrupt Outlook PST file
- Or select “Find PST File” option to search for the inaccessible PST file
- Use “Outlook Profile” option to choose a specific Outlook profile PST file if you have multiple accounts
- Later select the appropriate scanning method
- Then browse for the destination path and click “Repair” button to initiate repair process
- After software completes the repair process, you will be allowed to view the repaired Outlook PST file along with its mails and other items like contacts, notes, tasks, journals, etc
- Do not go further with unknown errors in MS Outlook
- Avoid importing PST file directly from backup that you have stored
- Go for appropriate solution to fix the corruption issue with Outlook PST file, otherwise it might leads to severe PST file corruption