Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery.
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Repair Outlook.PST Is Not a Personal Folders File Error
All Microsoft Office Outlook users are well know about how this email application manages personal data, apart from providing confidential and secure way of sending/receiving emails. In addition to sending/receiving mails, Outlook PST file has other attributes like calendars, contacts, notes, tasks, journals, etc. to efficiently manage your work. However, as time passes you might notice some alert messages or error warnings due to mishandling or logical conflicts in Outlook. Sometimes, users cannot access PST file after occurrence of error message probably due to PST file corruption.
Let us consider one such error message that might make Outlook PST file inaccessible is “Outlook.pst file is not a personal folders file”. As statement suggested the MS Outlook cannot open its .pst file that consists of personal folders. Let us consider set of causes for Outlook .pst is not a personal folders file error:
- Crash or improper reinstallation of operating system
- Taking backup of PST file while your work is still progressing in Outlook
- Abrupt system shutdown while Microsoft Office Outlook is still running
- Unplanned or inappropriate settings you had make out in PST file, etc
Solution to fix when outlook says PST is not a personal folders file:
When you encounter PST errors, then immediately go for built-in Inbox repair tool called Sacnpst.exe to fix the PST file issues. In case this in-built utility fails to mend problem related to Outlook, then make use of appropriate Outlook Inbox repair software named Yodot Outlook PST Repair. This Outlook PST Repair software is especially designed for MS Outlook users in order to resolve all sorts of irregularities in Outlook PST file. It can effectively fix inaccessible PST file after Microsoft Outlook error .pst file is not a personal folders file. After completion of PST file repair process, one can successfully access all Outlook items such as emails, contacts, calendar items, RSS feeds, notes, tasks, etc.
The application is developed with simple and straightforward instructions, which helps even a novice user to fix password protected or encrypted Outlook PST file without any complexities. Adding to above points, this utility is capable of fixing PST file of various MS Outlook applications such as Outlook 2000, Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010. This tool works well with all versions of Windows operating systems such as Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 and 2008.
Steps to fix error outlook.pst is not a personal folders file
- Download Yodot Outlook PST Repair program to your Windows computer and install it to that system
- Launch the application and proceed with the on screen directives
- Main screen consist of three option such as: “Find PST File” option in order to locate your Outlook PST file
- “Open PST File” option to open the PST file using its absolute path
- “Outlook Profile” option is used to choose specified PST file in case you have two or more Outlook profiles
- Select any of the options according to your need to fix Outlook PST file after.pst is not a personal folders files error
- Scan affected Outlook PST file using Normal Scan or Smart Scan options
- Next browse for the destination location and click on “Repair” button
- Later finishing the repair process, you can see all the recovered items from repaired Outlook PST file
- The one and only way to secure your Outlook data is keeping backup of Outlook PST file
- Before changing any setting related PST file, confirm twice what you want to accomplish with Outlook
- Choose appropriate software to fix Outlook PST file errors