Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery.
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Repair Outlook PST Maximum Size Limit Error
“Hi, I was trying to open my Outlook PST file but each time I attempt to open it; the error message “Outlook .pst has reached its maximum size” is getting displayed. I have many important email conversations, contacts, etc. in it. Please help me to open my Outlook profile by suggesting solution that works. Thanks in advance.”
You come across the situation like mentioned here usually when you are using earlier versions of MS Outlook like Outlook 2000 and 2002 as they have maximum size limit of 2GB. Do not panic on the thought of losing your crucial data from PST file. You can fix Outlook PST maximum size error using apt PST repair software.
Outlook file data is very important for you if you do not have any backup of it with you. If you do not know about Outlook, then here is the information about it for you. Outlook PST file is used to save, transfer and manage your data on your computer. It comes with inbuilt browser to send and receive emails. Outlook is used mainly in any business organization for ease of communication. With time, the data in Outlook piles up and it consumes more memory space. There is specified maximum size limit for PST file in all versions of MS Outlook. For instance, it is 2GB in Outlook 2000 and 2002; 20GB in Outlook 2003 and 2007; 50GB in 2010. If PST file exceeds this fixed file limit, then PST file gets corrupt and you will not be able to use Outlook PST file anymore.
How to avoid PST maximum size error?
Microsoft provides the inbuilt splitter tool called pst2gb.exe. By running this, you can split your PST file which is almost reaching maximum size limit. Like this you can avoid PST file corruption due to oversizing.
You can also delete unwanted files and folders permanently from Outlook PST file manually using Shift+Delete to avoid PST file from exceeding its maximum size limit. However, only deletion is not enough as the unused memory will not be released soon. Hence, you need to perform compaction process on PST file. The compaction process will compact the PST file by releasing unused memory space of deleted data on Outlook.
Outlook PST max size error repair software:
If Outlook PST file exceeds predefined size limit, then you can fix that PST file using perfect PST repair software like Yodot Outlook PST Repair on your PC. When Outlook PST file reaches maximum size limit and displays error message upon trying to access, then use Yodot Outlook PST Repair software to resolve PST file problem. It fixes oversized PST file and displays the attributes recovered from it like emails, attachments, Contacts, Tasks, Journal, Calendar, Mails, etc. This program is capable of fixing all sorts of issues with password protected or encrypted Outlook data files (PST and OST files). You can view contents of repaired Outlook PST file, if you have any of the Outlook versions like Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007 and 2010 using this tool.
Steps to fix Outlook PST displaying maximum size error:
- Download Yodot Outlook PST Repair software and install it on Windows computer
- Run it to get main screen with three options namely, “Open PST File”, “Find PST File” and “Select Outlook Profile”
- Select any of the three options to locate PST file throwing maximum size error and click on “Next”
- Select destination location where you want to save repaired PST file and select type of scan, either “Normal Scan” or “Smart Scan”
- Then click on “Repair” option to start scanning PST file and fix issues with it
- After few minutes, the information of repaired PST file will be displayed on software wizard
- Go to the location which you had specified earlier where repaired PST file is saved to view data recovered from it
- Always keep backup of Outlook PST file on a storage drive
- Keep an eye on space being consumed by Outlook PST file and avoid PST corruption due to oversizing