Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Fix and Get Access to Password Protected PST File
Outlook PST file is a reliable email client that is used in a business organization. You can be focused on important contacts and mails by making separate folders. It is a one stop solution for your data maintenance, using which you can maintain Address Book, Remainders, Contacts, Tasks, Journals, etc. along with sending and receiving emails. To protect data and unauthorized access, you can protect your Outlook PST file with password. Only you can login to your account and access Outlook data when PST file is password protected. You can create another Outlook file and encrypt it with different password.
However, sometimes you might fail to access PST file by entering password. As you had some emergency, you tried to login by predicting the password. Finally, PST file got corrupted due to repeated wrong password entry. Other than this, there are many scenarios in which Outlook PST gets corrupted as explained below:
- Oversize PST File: Each version of Outlook PST has fixed file size limit. In case, if your PST file exceeds that size limit, then it stops working and becomes inaccessible. In that situation, you will lose access to entire data in Outlook at a stretch
- Outlook Up-gradation: If you are still using older Outlook versions, then you can go for up-gradation. Outlook PST file should be backed up properly before up-gradation. Otherwise, you may end corrupting PST file if anything goes wrong during the up-gradation process
- Virus Attacks: Outlook PST file may catch virus if the host system is infected by virus / malware or via mail attachments sent by hackers. The PST file also gets affected due to usage of insecure cyber space
- OS Re-installation: There are chances of Outlook PST file getting damaged when OS is re-installed. Hence you need to use take proper backup of PST file by using reliable tool and avoid manually way of taking backup if you are aware of the procedure
Outlook PST file gets corrupted for many other reasons like sharing it in a network, compression failure, improper termination of Outlook PST file and so on, even if it is password protected or encrypted. No matter what might the reason, you can still repair Outlook PST file a competent Outlook PST file repair tool like Yodot Outlook PST Repair software.
Password protected PST Repair software:
Yodot Outlook PST Repair is capable of repairing password protected Outlook PST file without damaging the source PST file during the repair process. It can repair large sized PST file and supports repairing PST files created by any Outlook version starting from Outlook 2000 to latest being Outlook 2010. It can repair and restore deleted or lost emails as well as other Outlook attributes like Contacts, Calendar Items, Tasks, Notes, etc. from password protected PST file. You can use this tool to repair PST file on different versions of Windows operating systems like Windows Server 2003 and 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP and Windows 7. You can even mend corrupted or damaged Outlook OST files on your computer with the aid of Yodot Outlook PST Repair software. Try the demo version of the software to have practical experience of Outlook repair process.
Procedure to repair password protected PST file?
- Download and install Yodot Outlook PST Repair software on Windows PC
- Launch the software on system to get main screen
- Select corrupt password protected PST file by making use of any of the three options on the main screen
- Specify the location where Outlook PST file should be saved after repairing
- Click on “Repair” option to initiate repair process
- Once PST file is repaired, the report of the items present in fixed PST file can be previewed though Outlook style browser view
- Keep regular backup of PST file
- Do not terminate Outlook improperly when it is in use
- Keep an eye on size of PST file and avoid file corruption due oversize