Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Repair PST File When It Exceeds 2GB Size Limit?
Microsoft Outlook is common and mostly used email client across the world. Its usage is not limited to professional life, but many users use it for their personal usage as well. If you are a consistent user of this MS Outlook, then you must be aware of the pros and cons of Outlook PST file. For example, In case of Outlook version 2007 and 2010 PST files, fixed file size is limited to 20GB and 50GB respectively, which helps the users to store and manage their data in effective way using their Outlook profiles.
However, in the older versions like Outlook 2000 and 2002, the PST file size is fixed to only 2GB. This doesn’t allow the user to save large data in PST file and often they face corruption issues, in case if PST file exceeds 2GB size limit. Under such condition, you have to act fast to repair Outlook PST file bigger than 2GB, otherwise the result could be worse.
When Outlook 2000 and 2002 PST file size crosses 2GB size limit?
- A PST file can exceed more than 2GB limit due to accumulation of innumerous emails or mail attachments
- In addition to this, the file can also cross its limit if more and more data gets added to your PST file and you are deleting unwanted items on a regular basis
- It may also get oversized if the deleted items folder has not been emptied since a long time
What happens to PST file when it size is larger than 2GB?
An oversized PST file works very slowly and you may face problems in Outlook such as inaccessibility of files, error while sending or receiving emails, issues while opening a file etc. In addition to this you may also throw error messages such as “The filename abc.pst has reached its maximum size. To reduce the amount of data in this file, select some items that you no longer need, then permanently (Shift Delete) them.”, “The PST file cannot found”, “an error has occurred and you need to close MS Outlook”, etc while you are working on it. These error messages signal that your PST file is damaged as its size is more than grown more than 2GB and you should find out a suitable way to repair MS Outlook PST file.
How to Repair oversized PST file in Microsoft Outlook 2000 and 2002 versions?
Yodot Outlook PST is a multi featured and multi-functional software that not only repairs PST files that exceeded 2GB size limit in Outlook 200 and 2002 versions, but also capable of fixing oversized PST files in Outlook 2003, 2007 and 2010 versions. It repairs and then restores its emails, Contacts, Calendar items, Tasks, Notes, Appointments, RSS Feeds, etc. Yodot Outlook PST Repair is read only software, that repairs corrupted PST file without changing a bit of the content. This software is compatible with all the version of Windows OS including most recent Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2003 and 2008. The best thing is it has a user friendly interface that requires no technical knowledge in order to run and repair damaged PST file.
Steps to Repair PST file greater than 2GB
- Download Yodot Outlook PST Repair software and install it to your computer
- Now run the software and start the repair process by following the instructions provided on the screen
- You can see three options on the main screen i.e. “Open PST file”, “Find PST File” and “Outlook Profile”
- Select the option “Open PST File” option to browse and open the PST file that got corrupted due to oversize
- Click on “Find PST File” button to search for the corrupted PST file
- You can also see one more option i.e. “Outlook Profile” option which allows you to choose specific Outlook profile if at all you have multiple Outlook profile
- Now, browse the destination location and click on “Repair” button
- After completing the repair process the software displays the repaired PST file in Outlook styled interface
Tips to prevent PST file from growing large
- First and foremost delete all the unwanted mails from PST file regularly
- Prevent saving large attachments in the PST file
- Empty items in Deleted Items Folder to free the space
- Take backup of important items from PST file and erase unwanted drafts from the PST
- Always check the size of the PST file in order to keep it manageable