Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery.
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
How to Regain Data from Corrupt PST File?
“Has your Outlook stopped responding to your commands by prompting error message that PST file is corrupt / damaged? And are you struggling to access your important emails, contact details and other data from Outlook after this error? If yes, then read the information given in this page and find out why this situation has occurred with your Outlook and how to resolve it.”
As all know that Microsoft Outlook is the richly featured email client on laptops, PCs, Tablets, etc.; its users are wired up to access their mail accounts in both online and offline modes with the help of Outlook. Since, all the mail attributes will get stored under a single personal folder called PST file on system drive; users can easily access required emails, contacts, tasks, calendar events, etc. without any difficulty. However, access to crucial data in Outlook PST may get vanished when PST file is corrupted or not working due to any damage. There are various factors responsible for corruption of Outlook PST file and most common ones are as given below:
- Frequent abrupt termination of Outlook when PST is active
- Malicious malware attack to the PST file present on system hard drive
- Incorrect configuration of Outlook application
- PST file exceeding its maximum file size limit
- Improper / errors during migration of Outlook from present office version to newer version
- Presence of bad media spots on hard drive where PST file is saved
- Incorrect way of importing / exporting Outlook PST file
In all the above scenarios, Outlook PST file may get damaged after which user won’t be able to access any emails, contacts, notes, and other items from Outlook. In this kind of situation, inbuilt repair tool ScanPST will serve handy in resolving corruption issues of PST file. This built-in Scanpst.exe repair tool can be found at the following location on every Windows system hard drive;For Outlook 2010 -
- In 32-bit Windows and 64-bit Outlook versions it is under, C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14
- In 64-bit Windows, you can find ScanPST under, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
- 32-bit Windows, C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
- 64-bit Windows, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
- 32-bit Windows, C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\scanpst.exe
- 64-bit Windows, C:\Program Files (x86)\ Common Files\System\MSMAPI\scanpst.exe
Run this tool on your corrupt PST file by terminating Outlook. If this repair utility fails to fix issues in corrupted PST file, then the only solution is to prefer third party PST repair tool.
Corrupt PST data recovery tool:
One of the most effective way for recovering data from corrupt PST file is to use Yodot Outlook PST Repair software. This brilliant software can also easily repair corrupt Outlook PST file and then restores all its attributes like emails, contacts, journals, Notes, calendar events, etc. with extreme ease. The software can fix PST files that are oversized, malware infected, password protected and other issues on Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013 versions. This utility can be used on Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 and 2008 computer operating systems.
Guidelines to use PST repair tool to fix corrupt PST:
- Download Yodot Outlook PST Repair tool on your Windows computer
- Install and run the program according to the given instructions
- In main screen, you will come across three options to browse for corrupt PST file
- Select ‘Open PST File’ if you know the location of PST file
- Or click on ‘Find PST File’ if you doesn’t know the exact location of PST
- Further click on ‘Select Outlook Profile’ if your Outlook has multiple profiles
- After selecting the corrupt PST file that has to be fixed, click next
- In upcoming screen, select the mode of scanning between Normal Scan and Smart Scan
- Also, specify the destination location to store repaired PST file at the end and click on Repair button
- Software repairs the corrupt PST file and saves it in the destination location
- After successful scanning process, a confirmation message will appear
- Now all your emails, tasks, contacts and elements will be accessible from fixed PST file
- Always have proper backup of recent PST file to avoid corruption issues
- Do not follow unorthodox way of terminating Outlook
- Maintain good antivirus tool to get rid of harmful viruses
- Follow proper methods while migrating, setting configuration properties, etc. on Outlook