Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Recover Deleted MS Outlook Contacts
Contacts in MS Outlook are the list of people from your address book. This is similar to electronic Rolodex; Outlook keeps track of phone numbers, email addresses and much more vital information in contact, contacts can store more information about a person than address book. Microsoft Outlook lets you store this valuable contact details and other items by archiving in a personal information folder called as PST. So any corruption to this PST file will result in loss of contacts and other items from MS Outlook.
Consider a Scenario: You buy a brand new computer Install the operating system and reinstalled all your software to your new hard disk. Reinstalling Outlook is not a difficult task. But what about those thousands of contacts and other items which you collected from so many months? How do you access them in your new installed MS Outlook? The answer to this question is from the backup copy of your Outlook PST file which you had created. Restoring emails, contacts, calendars and other items to your new Outlook is a very easy procedure if you have a backup.
How to Restore Outlook Mail, Contacts and Other Data from Backup?
Open MS outlook and follow the below procedure:
- Select File- Import and Export from the menu tab in Outlook
- Choose Import from another program or file
- Click on “Next” button
- Highlight Personal Folder File (PST) and click “Next”
- Make use of “Browse” button to select the backup copy of your PST file
- Make sure “Replace duplicates with items imported” is selected
- Click Next
- Complete the backup process by clicking on “Finish” button
Usually everything goes fine when following the PST import wizard, but sometimes in the final stage of the wizard, the import wizard returns an error message: “PST file access error occurred”. This error message suggests that the backed up PST file is corrupt and all the items including your contacts and mails etc, are deleted or lost.
Other Reasons for PST file corruption
- Power Failure: Sudden power surge while using the PST file
- Virus Attack: Deadly Virus / malware attack to the PST file
- File Header corruption: File header corruption leads to inaccessibility of PST files which sometimes leads to PST file corruption
- Improper Termination: Improperly terminating MS Outlook also results in PST file corruption
- OS Reinstallation: PST file might sometimes get damage during OS re-installation
- Size Limit: PST file size exceeding its storage limit
How to recover your deleted contacts from the corrupt PST?
The corrupted PST file can easily be repaired with the help of Yodot Outlook PST Repair software. The Application employs file-by file repair technique to scan and repair severely corrupt PST file and simultaneously recovers your deleted Contacts, emails, Calendars, to do lists, Notes, Journals and other items from the PST file. The software is developed in such a way that it can even repair password protected PST files.
How to use the software to repair and recover your deleted contacts?
- Download and install Yodot Outlook PST Repair software to your computer
- Launch the application
- You’ll find three options from the main screen
- Choose “Open PST File” option to browse the PST file which is to be repaired
- Use “Find PST File” option to find the PST file from the computers logical drives
- Select “Outlook Profile” option to choose a particular Outlook profile if you’re PC has multiple Outlook profiles
- The software allows you to choose the scanning techniques
- Choose “Normal Scan” method to repair the PST file with minor corruption
- Select “Smart Scan” method to repair the severely corrupted PST file and click on “Repair” button
- The application starts repairing the PST file
- After the repair process the recovered items will be displayed in Outlook styled interface
Things To Remember:
- Regularly backup your PST files to avoid data loss situation in the future
- Terminate MS Outlook before repair process
- Make use of an updated antivirus program to your system to remove deadly viruses
- Keep track of your PST file size in order to avoid PST file corruption
- Do not close MS Outlook improperly