Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Recover deleted e-mails from Outlook PST
Microsoft Outlook is one of the most widely used email applications in the world which incorporates email messages, to-do lists, contacts, tasks and scheduling. This application comes as a part of Microsoft Office pack. Microsoft Outlook provides features such as instant email searching, flagging, categorizing and scheduling appointments.
Emails are not stored as a file on MS Outlook. A complete folder like inbox is stored as a single file in PST (Personal Storage database) folder. Along with emails, it also contains other data, such as contacts and appointments. Any corruption or damage to these PST file may result in email deletion or loss. In such situations an updated backup of your PST file might help you to restore your deleted emails and other data and rescue you from data loss situations in the future. However, if the backup is either not available or not updated then you might face a lot of problem.
The common causes for corruption to PST are:
- System crash when PST file in use results in corruption
- If there is a sudden power surge when you are accessing the PST files
- Sharing of PST files between different networks
- Other reasons include virus attacks, software or hardware malfunction, invalid registry values, network inconsistencies
Scenarios in which emails might get deleted are:
- Accidentally deleting an email by using “Shift + Del” key combination
- Compacting the PST file also results in email deletion
- Emails also get deleted if the PST file reaches its size limit
- Virus attack on the PST file leads to file corruption which in turn results in email deletion
Is it possible to recover deleted emails?
After you delete any email in Outlook (or) you empty your 'Deleted items', it is still possible to undelete / recover emails based on the Outlook version you are using. Try one of the following methods to recover your deleted emails:
In Outlook 2003
Start MS outlook 2003 - Select “Deleted Items” from folder list - In “Tools” menu select “Recover Deleted Items”; - All the deleted emails will be displayed and you can recover from here.
In Outlook 2007
Start MS Outlook 2007 - Select the corresponding folder in the left panel from which you have deleted your email - Select Tools - “Recover Deleted Items” option. A window pops up and displays the emails deleted from the selected email folder - Select the emails which are to be recovered and click the “Recover Selected Items” option - All the selected emails will be restored back to their original location.
In Outlook 2010
Open MS Outlook 2010 - Click on the “Deleted Items” folder - Click on the “Recover Deleted Items” option at the top - Wait until the process finishes and brings up the deleted emails - When finished; select the emails you want to recover and click on “Recover Selected items” option - The mails will be sent back to its original folder.
Note: The deleted mails less than 7 to 14 days depending on the version of MS outlook can be recovered using the above method. The emails older than that will not be displayed.
Now what? If you are not able to get back your important emails even with the help of the above option. Then you need a recovery utility to do the same, but can you rely on a recovery software completely. What if the PST file is fragmented and after recovery, you get a corrupted PST file. Therefore, you need a repair tool that can not only repair your PST file but also recover your deleted emails and other items securely. Microsoft Outlook itself facilitates one tool called SCANPST, which can repair your corrupt PST file, but unfortunately even this tool has limited features and cannot recover deleted emails.
How to repair the corrupted PST file and to recover your deleted emails?
Yodot Outlook PST Repair is a software which is developed by using advanced technology to repair y severely corrupted PST files and hence can easily help you in recovering all your deleted emails. It not only helps you recover your deleted emails but also recovers the entire Outlook components like Contacts, Journals, Attachments, Tasks, Notes, Calendar Items, Sent Items, Personal Folders, etc.
Step by step procedure to use the software
- Download and install Yodot Outlook PST Repair software to your computer
- Launch Yodot Outlook PST Repair software to start the repair process
- Select any of the three options present in the main screen
- Choose “Open PST file” option if you know the exact PST file location
- Choose “Find PST file” option to search for the PST file (or)
- Choose “Select Outlook profile” option to open the PST file if you have multiple Outlook profiles
- Select the appropriate scanning method
- Browse for the destination path and click “Repair”
- After the application completes the repair process, you will be able to view the repaired Outlook mails and other elements like contacts, notes, tasks, journals etc
- Select the desired ones and avoid the unwanted ones
- Make use of an updated antivirus program to combat deadly viruses
- Backup your PST file regularly in order to compensate for data loss
- Do not exit Microsoft Outlook improperly
- Make sure your PST file size doesn’t reach its size limit
- Exit the MS outlook before you try to repair