Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery.
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
How to Recover Emails from Corrupt PST File?
“I had saved very important old emails in my Outlook PST. Today I downloaded a file from internet and as it got downloaded Outlook suddenly froze because of some malicious spyware infection. PST file thus became corrupt. So, I had to forcefully shutdown the system in order quit the application. I tried to fix this corrupt PST file of Outlook and recover my important emails but wasn’t successful. Please suggest me a solution to get back my Outlook emails from corrupt PST file”
This kind of situations is very common among Outlook users on Windows computer. Users store various data like emails, contacts, appointments, journals, tasks, calendar events, folders, etc. And all these data will become inaccessible when PST file gets corrupted / damaged. Here you can find the best solution to access your Outlook emails from corrupt PST files. Before knowing about recovery strategy let us glance at the causes that damaged PST file as mentioned below:
- Oversized PST file: When PST file exceeds its file size limit, then it gets corrupt and errors out if tried to access
- PST header corruption: Damaged PST file header due to virus infection may also corrupt the file as it holds all crucial information about Outlook PST file
- Improper termination of Outlook: Unusual way of closing Outlook application may sometimes corrupts PST file
- Malware attack to system hard drive: Outlook PST file on your Windows system can get corrupt when system hard drive is severely infected by harmful viruses
- Software conflicts: Irregularities in the working of Outlook application or in system functionality may lead to sudden freezing of system while accessing Outlook emails, thus corrupting the PST file
- Other reasons: Hard drive crash, frequent power surge to the system when PST file is active, errors while migrating Outlook version, etc. may damage Outlook PST file thus causing inaccessibility of emails from Outlook
When emails and other data from Outlook PST file become inaccessible, first and foremost you need to repair the corrupt PST file using inbuilt Scanpst.exe repair tool. If this method fails to fix damaged PST file then try using third party repair utilities to fix Outlook PST.
Which is the best tool to repair broken Outlook PST file?
Among the leading efficient Outlook repair software Yodot Outlook PST Repair tool is one that is significantly designed to fix damaged / corrupted PST files of Microsoft Outlook application. One can easily repair corrupt Outlook PST and recover all its data using this tool on Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and 2008 operating systems. It can mend PST files from different versions of Outlook application such as Office Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007 and Outlook 2010.
Steps to fix corrupt PST and recover emails from Outlook:
- Download and install Yodot Outlook PST Repair software on your Windows system
- Launch the software and you will come across a main screen showing three options
- Select “Open PST File” option if you know exact location of corrupt PST file
- Click on “Find PST File”, if you want to search for the PST file on your system
- Go for “Select Outlook Profile” to select required PST file from specific Outlook profile
- Browse for the destination path where you want to save repaired PST file
- Also, specify the type of scanning, ‘Normal Scan’ or ‘Smart scan’ and click “Next”
- Software starts to scan and fix corrupt PST file, status bar showing the progress of repair process
- Next, all the attributes of repaired Outlook PST file will be shown in software wizard
- Check the destination to view your repaired PST file and access your emails
- Maintain powerful antivirus software to fix malicious viruses that affect PST file
- Follow safe methods while terminating Outlook as well as system
- Maintain regular backup of important emails from Outlook for safer side