Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Solve Can't Move Items Error in Outlook 2010
“Today, while accessing PST file it threw some error message like “Can’t move the items. The items could not be moved. It was either already moved or deleted, or access was denied”. I don’t know why this error is occurring. I ignored the error in the beginning, now it is affecting entire Outlook performance. Unexpectedly items disappear from Outlook or PST file takes longer time to open. I don’t have any idea to solve this error. If anyone has solution for this issue, then please share with me……”
- Normally, the above kind of error message will occur when working folder for email conversation is located on slow/busy drive. When this type of issue occurs you cannot move items from mailbox or PST file.
- Another reason for above listed error is PST file corruption
How to solve can't move items error in Outlook 2010?
You can solve above issue using two methods.
Start Registry Editor-> find and click the following key in registry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINES\System\Current ControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\ParameterSystem\Working Directory
In right side pane, double click on Folder_Path -> Next, in String Editor Box, type the path of a folder on a faster drive-> then, Click on “Ok” -> close Registry Editor. If you are unable to solve above PST file error by applying above method, then follow method 2.
Sometimes, a non technical user cannot handle this kind of errors. In case, while trying to solve error if he/she commits a small mistake, it may result in data loss from PST file. To safely fix error and extract lost PST content use efficient software like Yodot Outlook PST Repair.
Features of repair utility:
Yodot Outlook PST Repair is an efficient application to fix error “Can't move items in Outlook 2010” on Windows system. It can solve all kind of errors related to different Outlook attribute such as Calendar, Contacts, Notes, Tasks, Items, journals. Also resolve issues related to email elements such as Drafts, Attachments, Email folders or Personal folder, etc. This utility has ability to repair even huge size PST file (more than 20GB). More to this, it can fix error Outlook 2010 PST file has reached maximum size, Outlook 2010 that stopped working on startup, PST file not opening in Outlook 2010, PST file is not compatible with Outlook 2010 error, etc. on Windows system. This utility is compatible to run on all versions of Windows OS such as Windows XP, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 and 2008.
Procedure to fix can't move items error in Outlook 2010:
- Install Yodot Outlook PST Repair utility on Windows system
- Then, run installed program to start error fixing process
- Main screen of this tool will provide 3 options such as “Open PST File”, “Find PST File” and “Select Outlook Profile”
- Choose “Open PST File” if you know exact path of PST file or select “Find PST File” if you don’t know location of PST file or else click on “Select Outlook Profile” button if you have multiple Outlook profiles
- Next, select 2010 PST file which has to be fixed
- At last, choose suitable scanning method from “Normal Scan” or “Smart Scan” and browse for the destination path where the error free 2010 Outlook PST file has to be stored
- Follow proper procedure while fixing Outlook PST error
- Configure Outlook properly while creating mail account