Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery.
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
How to Fix Old Outlook PST File?
“I have been using Outlook from 5 years and never encountered any trouble while opening my mail data in Outlook. Now, after updating Windows OS on my desktop, Outlook PST file is not showing up. I even run ScanPST inbuilt utility to resolve this situation but nothing worked. Is there any possible way to repair this old PST file on Outlook? Please help.”
This kind of situation can occur to any Outlook user, wherein valuable information from Outlook becomes hardly accessible. Continuous usage of Outlook will pile up huge data in its PST file and this old PST file may turn corrupt at certain point due to issues like:
- Incorrect Windows OS update and OS reinstallation error
- Presence of bad sectors due to long usage of hard drive
- PST file reaching its limited file size (2GB for Outlook 2002 and below versions, 20GB for Outlook 2003 & 2007, 50GB for Outlook 2010)
- Hard drive failure after corrupt file system, damaged boot sector, malware attack and other logical errors
- Forceful termination of Outlook application or incorrect Windows shutdown
- Outlook configuration error
- Missing of application related files like .dll, .srs, etc.
When old PST file on computer hard drive gets corrupt, Outlook will not open mail account associated with that PST file. But at some point of time, this kind of circumstance can be handled by running inbuilt ScanPST tool. Unfortunately, Scanpst.exe may not resolve all issues with old Outlook PST file that is damaged or showing various errors in Outlook. But then no need to worry because there are many online applications to repair old PST file with no trouble.
Outlook old PST file repair utility:
To fix various critical errors or corrupted old PST files on Windows computers, it is suggested to rely on Yodot Outlook PST Repair software. Apart from fixing corrupted or damaged PST file, it can even bring back Outlook elements like email folders, contacts, journals, tasks, rules, signature, alerts, notes, emails and other items without altering data. Various PST file errors that pop up on opening MS Outlook can also be fixed using this utility. It can fix PST files created using Outlook 2010, 2007 and 2003 Microsoft application versions. Also, this tool can repair Outlook Profile OST file on MS Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 and 2003 OS based computers.
Follow these steps to fix old Outlook PST file:
- Download Yodot Outlook PST Repair tool on Windows computer and install it
- Run the application after complete installation by clicking on desktop shortcut icon or from start menu
- Main screen gets displayed with three major options
- 1. Open PST File – To choose Outlook PST file by browsing its default location
- 2. Find PST File – To search for required PST file on system hard drive
- 3. Select Outlook Profile – in case Outlook has multiple profiles and PST files associated with it
- Further by clicking next, mention the mode of scanning between ‘Normal Scan’ and ‘Smart Scan’ option to scan selected old PST file
- Choose a destination folder where you wish to save repaired PST file after scanning process and click next
- Once done with scanning process, view mail attributes from fixed PST file in preview mode
- At last, click on Save to save this fixed Outlook PST file to specified target location on Windows computer
Note these points:
- Avoid system shutdown before Outlook is closed completely as it may corrupt its old PST file
- Backup your Outlook old PST file in specified location to overcome file corruption issues