Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Fixing Outlook OST File That is Not Updating Properly
“Hi, I use Outlook in offline mode on my laptop to manage mailbox. Today I was unable to sync my Outlook OST file with Exchange Server even though I tried number of times. Whenever it tried to update the file, it said that there is an error updating OST file. I cleared my old OST file and configured OST file from backup, but still couldn’t find out how to fix the issue. Is there any method to repair Outlook OST file that is not updating properly? Kindly suggest some useful tips.”
Microsoft Outlook application works well in offline mode by creating OST file with the presence of MS Exchange Server. However, certain aspects of Outlook may render interruptions while using mailbox OST file on Windows computers. One such interruption is Outlook not able to update OST file properly that leads to inaccessibility of mail items on Outlook.
Outlook error –OST file not updating properly:
Microsoft Outlook may fail to update / synchronize OST file with Exchange Server when the file is corrupt or damaged. There are ample of reasons behind OST file corruption and some of them are:
- Errors while configuring Outlook to use offline folder file .ost
- Damaged Exchange Server support files on system that are required for proper synchronization of OST file
- Incorrect Outlook profile / preference settings
- Severe malware invasion on OST file saved in system hard drive
These factors might render errors while updating Exchange Server mailbox with Outlook offline folder OST file. Thus, user may come across various error messages when tried to update OST file. This cumbersome situation wherein Outlook fails to update OST file properly can be resolved by running inbuilt Integrity Check tool ScanOST. If this doesn’t fix the error, then the only solution is to go for proper third party OST file repair utility.
One of the best OST file repair software is here…..
Troubleshooting Outlook OST file that is not updating properly is easily achievable by making use of Yodot Outlook PST Repair tool. This tool works brilliantly for fixing errors shown by both PST as well as OST files from Microsoft Outlook. One can use this software to repair Outlook OST file that is not updated and refuse to open by displaying errors. This OST file repair tool involves high-end repair modules that are capable of fixing Outlook OST files created with MS Exchange Server 5.5, 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010 versions. Apart from repairing Outlook data files, it also performs recovery of deleted items from Outlook mailbox such as emails, contacts, journals, tasks, notes, calendar events, appointments and so on. This utility is flexible to effortlessly fix Outlook data files on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and 2008 operating systems.
Steps to repair Outlook OST file that is not updating properly:
- Download Yodot Outlook PST Repair software on your Windows system that holds Outlook OST file that is not updated
- Install the software and run it by following given instructions
- In main screen click on ‘Open PST File’ to open OST file from its location folder
- If you are not aware of OST file location on system hard drive click on ‘Find PST File’ option
- In case if Outlook is configured with multiple profiles then click on ‘Select Outlook Profile’ option to choose particular OST file
- After choosing OST file to be repaired, select the mode of scanning between ‘Smart’ and ‘Normal’ scan modes
- Then select the destination location to save repaired OST file after scanning process and click next
- Software quickly performs complete scan of chosen Outlook OST file and fixes all its errors
- When scanning is complete you can browse for destination location to find new fixed OST file
- Avoid interruptions while synchronizing OST file with Exchange Server mailbox
- Follow proper method while configuring OST file in Outlook
- Make use of antivirus tool to evade harmful viruses that can corrupt OST file