Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
How to Fix Unreadable PST File?
“Hi, I am facing a cumbersome problem in accessing my Outlook data on desktop. It was working fine till yesterday, but today when I initially opened Outlook to access mailbox, I got a message asking, would you like to archive emails from inbox and I clicked no. After receiving few mails, Outlook suddenly froze so I restarted it again. Then I realized that PST file has crossed its limited file size and thus got corrupted. Can anyone suggest me how to fix this corrupt Outlook PST file which is unreadable or inaccessible? Kindly help thanks in advance.”
Microsoft Outlook is the best companion of computer users as it eases the work of managing mailbox items on hard drive itself. Its user friendly interface and features have made users to get addicted to use Microsoft Outlook on both Windows and Mac platforms. As all know that for home users, Outlook saves all mailbox items in .pst file also called Personal storage folder. This PST file can sometimes behave abnormally causing inaccessibility of crucial information saved in that PST file on system hard drive. There are various reasons that can corrupt PST file, making it unreadable. Some of them are described here:
- Severe malware /virus attacks on hard drive that saves PST file can end up in corrupting PST file and making it unreadable
- Presence of bad sectors on hard drive where PST file is stored can sometimes induce PST file header damage after which file turns unreadable
- Unorthodox way of terminating Outlook application, system shutdown or power loss when PST file is active will sometimes cause unreadable PST file
- Malfunctioning of Outlook like frequent freezing or hanging because of incorrect configuration, missing of valid security certificate, improper Preference settings and so on
- Inappropriate method of installing or updating Windows OS version may sometimes make the PST file inaccessible/ unreadable
- PST file crossing its limited file size, errors during importing / exporting PST file from one computer to another, etc. can also corrupt Outlook file and its data becomes unreadable
When PST file stops responding due to corruption or damage in above scenarios, then user cannot read any information from this Outlook file. In order to resolve such unreadable PST file, one should rely upon good PST repair tool. In precise, Yodot Outlook PST Repair tool is the best solution to repair unreadable PST file on Outlook.
Useful attributes of unreadable PST file repair software:
Yodot Outlook PST Repair is an excellent read-only program that fixes PST file without altering its contents. This tool is built with professional data recovery experts such that one can effortlessly fix damaged or corrupted or unre adable Outlook PST file. It includes one step repair process that quickly resolves various errors, irregularities of PST files created on MS Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013 versions. It has caliber to repair archive PST file as well as OST file on Microsoft Outlook after serious data corruption issues. One can use this utility to mend Outlook data files on Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2003 and 2008 OS based computers or notebooks.
Follow these steps to fix unreadable PST file:
- Download the software on your Windows PC where PST file is located
- Install and run the utility to start with unreadable PST file repair process
- In main screen, click on “Open PST File” in case you know actual location of PST file on drive
- Else, click for “Find PST File” to navigate for locate PST file on system drive
- If Outlook has multiple profiles, then click on “Select Outlook Profile” to choose particular PST file
- Next, select the mode of scanning between ‘Normal’ and ‘Smart’ scans
- Then specify destination location to save fixed PST file at the end of repair process
- Trigger the scanning process by clicking on “Repair” button and wait till it finishes scanning
- Now, view the contents of repaired PST file on screen and go to destination location access PST file
- Hold a copy of PST file from your computer hard drive on external storage drive to evade data corruption and loss
- Do not terminate Outlook application or system abruptly while working with PST file