Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery.
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Fix Issue When Outlook 2010 Does Not Recognize OST File
“I have installed Windows 7 operating system in my laptop and have upgraded my Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2010. I get this following error when I try to start Outlook ‘Cannot open your default email folders. The file C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\Microsoft|Outlook\ME.OST in not an Outlook data files (.ost)’. I have tried running the inbox repair tool in Outlook 2010 i.e. Sacnost.exe, but go to know that Outlook 2010 does not contain inbox repair tool, so I got an error that states ‘The Microsoft Outlook Inbox Repair Tool does not recognize the OST file. No information can be recovered’. What to do now? How to repair my Microsoft Outlook 2010 OST file on Windows 7; thanks in advance!”
Microsoft Outlook 2010 is the most advanced application that is included with many options to carry out the task effectively. Data saved in your Outlook program is in the form of PST file and OST file. OST stands for Offline storage table where offline data is saved and accessed without any trouble. During the usage of Outlook utility to carry out some task, abrupt system shutdown or loss of internet can corrupt OST file as a result of which OST file will not be recognized by MS Outlook application. Below given are some reasons that may corrupt Outlook 2010 OST file and shows errors such as Outlook 2010 does not recognize OST file, etc:
- Virus/ malware/spyware infections to Windows system can damage all files stored on its hard drive including Outlook 2010 OST file
- Software / hardware conflicts and other logical issues in Outlook application may corrupt Outlook 2010 OST file
- Incorrect way followed to upgrade Microsoft Outlook application from 2010 to 2013 or to Windows operating system can have adverse effect on Outlook 2010 data files
You may get ‘Outlook 2010 does not recognize ost file’ error due to any of the above given problems. Well instead of finding a manual repair process that does not work most of the time, it is highly recommended to make use of Yodot Outlook PST Repair program that can solve your problem as soon as possible.
Outlook 2010 OST Repair Tool
Yodot Outlook PST Repair is the most desired software when it comes to repairing Microsoft Outlook 2010 OST file on your computer. This Outlook data file repair program is included with best strategies to fix errors in Outlook OST and PST file in minimum time. As soon as the repair process gets completed, healthy OST file with its list of contents (emails, attachments, contacts, calendar events, RSS feeds, mail folders, etc) are displayed to user so that user gets a brief idea about the contents of the respective OST file. Including the repair of Outlook 2010 OST file, user can also repair Outlook 2013 OST file from your Windows system respectively. Users can approach technical team, if any issues are faced during repair of Outlook OST file showing Outlook 2010 does not recognize OST file.
Steps to repair error Outlook 2010 Does Not Recognize OST File on Windows OS:
- Download and install Yodot Outlook PST Repair application in your system by logging in as local system admin
- Run the program with help of shortcut icon provided on the main screen of the utility
- From the main screen of the software, click on ‘Open PST File’, ‘Find PST File’ or ‘Select Outlook Profile’ option
- Once the option is clicked, proceed to next window to select Outlook 2010 OST file
- After selecting the OST file, from the next screen click on ‘Normal Scan’ or ‘Smart Scan’ option based on the corruption scenario
- Now, select the desired location where your repaired OST file has to be saved and then hit on the ‘Repair’ button
- Double check the deleted mail folder before deleting it from Outlook 2003 account
- Follow proper procedure while exiting Outlook 2003 application
- Upgrade your antivirus tool regularly to remove dreadful viruses from Windows system