Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery.
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Outlook PST Repair when PST is Corrupt
Millions of people all over the world depend upon Microsoft Outlook for managing emails, contacts, organizing calendar, keeping notes, scheduling tasks, etc. Microsoft Outlook stores all these information in a single file called PST (Personal Storage Table) file.
By default PST file resides in your C drive and stores all the emails you receive or send, calendar items that you create, contacts you save, tasks you schedule, notes that you take etc. So any kind of corruption or damage to a PST file results in loss of data.
Main reasons for corruption of PST files
Whenever you come across difficulty in accessing or opening your Microsoft Outlook then it is a clear indication that your PST file is corrupt. Corruption to PST file can happen due to various reasons:
- Most common reason that causes corruption to your PST file is because of closing or terminating the Microsoft Outlook software abnormally, when it is still processing or finalizing unsaved data to a PST file. This could be done deliberately by clicking “End Task” in Windows task manager or may happen accidentally due to sudden shutdown of the PC or due to power failure
- Even though Microsoft Outlook 2007 & 2010 supports larger PST file sizes i.e. 20 – 50GB. But it is always recommended to keep your PST file size in control and ideally it should be between 2 to 10 GB in size. Most of the data integrity problems start due to oversizing of the PST file.
- Other main reason could be due to severe virus infections that may make the PST file inaccessible
- File system corruption due to OS reinstallation, OS upgradation tends to cause corruption or inaccessibility of a PST file
- Upgradation of Microsoft Office Outlook may also cause corruption to PST files
How to repair the PST file?
It is possible to repair corrupted PST file, with the help of “scanpst.exe” that comes with Microsoft Office. Unfortunately “scanpst.exe” is limited in handling in severe PST corruptions. However may work while repairing minor corruptions in a PST file.
Therefore if the “Inbox Repair Tool” is not able to fix your corrupt PST file, then find an efficient third party utility that can help you repair corrupted PST files. Yodot Outlook PST Repair tool is a premium and result oriented repair utility that can repair not just corrupt PST files but also OST files.
How to use the software to repair the PST file?
- First download and install Yodot Outlook PST Repair software.
- Start Yodot Outlook PST Repair after closing the Microsoft Outlook completely
- You can find three options on the main window, select any one
- Open PST file: Choose this option if know the PST file location
- Find PST file: Choose this option to find the PST file location
- Select Outlook profile: Choose this option to open PST file associated with a particular Outlook profile
- Now choose the suitable scanning method
- Normal scan: choose this method at times of minor PST file corruptions
- Smart scan: choose this method at times of severe PST file corruptions and also when you want to recover deleted emails, Contacts, Tasks, etc.
- Now select the destination location to store the new PST file and then click “Repair” button
- As the repair process finishes, the software will display the repaired files in a Outlook styled menu and will also show the total no of repaired emails, contacts, tasks, notes, journals, calendar items etc.
- Select the desired ones and avoid the unwanted ones
List of Precautions
- Do not exit Microsoft Outlook improperly
- Use quality and updated antivirus program
- Keep regular backup for your PST file
- PST file size should not become bulky
- Exit Microsoft Office Outlook before executing repair operation on the PST file