Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Outlook PST Repair when PST is Damaged
MS Outlook allows the users to store and manage all their email messages in a quick and easy manner along with many other features like calendar, tasks, scheduler, notes, journals etc. It stores all these data items in a directory called personal storage table (PST file). Therefore any kind of corruption / damage to these PST files will lead to data loss.
Reasons for PST file damage
PST file damage mainly occurs due to some of the following reasons:
- The Inbox Repair Tool (scanpst.exe) is used to repair or fix corrupted PST files. However it cannot repair every problem, i.e. if the corruption is much more severe. Hence ends up in damaging the PST file further
- When your file system gets corrupt, you may try to recover data by using a data recovery tool. This may recover the PST file but they may be still corrupt and can also cause more severe damage to the PST files. As the recovered data may be invalid, incorrect or not in proper order
- While trying to compact large size PST files, error might occur causing damage to the PST files
- PST files may also get damaged by sharing it with multiple users over the network
How to repair damaged PST file?
The damaged PST file can be repaired easily with the help of Yodot Outlook PST Repair software. As it make use of advanced technology to scan (sector by sector) and repair the damaged PST file and get back all your emails, calendar items, contacts, to do lists, notes, journals etc. It has the ability to repair PST files damaged due to "scanpst.exe", recovery software or due to compacting error. It can even repair password protected PST files. Moreover it does not ignores deleted emails / items while scanning and hence recovers them also.
Guidelines for using the software
- Download and install Yodot Outlook PST Repair application
- Exit Microsoft Outlook completely before starting the repair process
- Run the software and follow the instructions
- Select from the three options on the main screen,
- Open PST file: If you know the PST file location then use this option
- Find PST file: Find the PST file with the help of this option
- Select Outlook profile: Open PST file related to a specific Outlook profile with the help of this option
- Choose "Smart scan" method in order to repair damaged PST file and also to recover deleted items
- Now browse and select the destination location to store the new PST file
- Click on the "Repair" button and initiate the scanning process
- After the repair process ends, the software will show the repaired files in a Outlook styled menu
- A new window will open showing the total no of repaired emails, contacts, tasks, notes, calendar items etc.
- Don’t close MS Outlook improperly or abnormally
- Backup your PST file on daily or weekly basis