Accidentally deleted a partition in an attempt make a dual boot system? Relax you can recover your important with ease using Yodot Hard Drive Recovery software for Windows. The software can find and recover data from deleted partitions.
The only undelete application for Mac that can recover deleted files from HFS+, HFSX partitions on Mac. The software also has the ability to recover lost files using RAW signature method.
How to Find Lost Images on PC?
Photos are one of the best ways to preserve precious memories and remember wonderful moments once again; usually photos are stored in digital form on memory cards, external drives, iPods, hard disks and other storage media. And no one can afford to lose such valuable images as memories cannot be recorded again. However, many users lose pictures in an unexpected way and feel sad for their mistake of not taking backup. If you are one such unlucky user who has photos from Windows system, then no need to despair! There is hope. More often lost photos from system or other storage drive can are still recoverable.
You must be thinking how is it possible? The answer is simple! Although you cannot see your lost pictures, it is more than likely that they are still on the storage disk as long as their space on storage drive is overwritten by new files. Even formatting the storage drive doesn’t wipe your images out. You cannot retrieve lost photos using any manual techniques unless and until you opt for professional photo recovery software.
But before switching into the recovery procedure, there is one thing you can try for restoring missing photos. The photos you think lost might actually not be lost, it may be accidentally moved to a new location. To search for the missing photo, use “Search” feature from the upper right corner of window explorer in Vista and Windows 7. If you are using XP, go to “Start” ---> “Search”.
Even after searching for the photo file, if you still didn’t find it. Then the photos might have been lost due to below mentioned reasons:
- Conversion of file system of partition from older to new
- Sudden power failure while transferring photo files between PC and memory card
- Removal of memory card from DSLR camera during read / write process
- Formatting the drive which contained your important pictures
- Photo removed by antivirus program without your knowledge
- Memory card damaged due to virus infection, card errors, incorrect usage of memory card
- Shift deleting folder contain images from hard drive thinking it is unneeded
Software to recover lost photos
Yodot Photo Recovery is comprehensive tool that can be used in this case to retrieve lost or missing photo files from various storage media on Windows OS. It can effectively recover lost images from corrupted, formatted or re-formatted storage drives. In addition to generic picture files, it is capable of recovering variety of RAW image files from all popular brands of DSLR cameras and camcorders. Moreover, it can perform recovery of photos, videos, music files and other documents from system hard drives, portable hard disks, iPods, USB drives, media players, laptops and so on. Adding to this, it works compatibly on desktops/laptops that are installed with Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 and 2008 operating system
Procedure to do lost photo recovery on Windows system:
If you have lost your photos from any external storage device, then it is suggested to connect the device to a healthy Windows computer and then follow the below mentioned steps
- Download and install Yodot Photo Recovery software to your Windows desktop / laptop computer
- Run the application and follow the on screen instructions
- Click on “Lost Photo Recovery” options to recover your lost photo files
- The application scans and displays all internal and external drives connected to the computer
- Choose the drive from where photo are lost or need to be recovered
- In the next screen, select the photo file types you need to rescue or simply click “Skip” button to select all the file types by default
- As the software completes the scanning process, the retrieved files are displayed in a list
- Preview the recovered photos by using “Preview” option
- At last, save the recovered files to your desired destination location
- It is highly recommended to stop using the storage drive after losing photos
- Backup your important photos to external drive before formatting, reinstalling OS, converting partition file system on system hard drive
- Make use of write protection notch on memory cards to avoid accidental delete or format operation