Accidentally deleted a partition in an attempt make a dual boot system? Relax you can recover your important with ease using Yodot Hard Drive Recovery software for Windows. The software can find and recover data from deleted partitions.
The only undelete application for Mac that can recover deleted files from HFS+, HFSX partitions on Mac. The software also has the ability to recover lost files using RAW signature method.
Get Back Media Files on Windows
“I have saved several media files such as photos, videos, music etc. in a folder and I took special care of it so that I won’t lose it forever. But today my friend was using my laptop and mistakenly he has deleted that folder. I don’t have its backup and also I could not find it in Recycle Bin as its size was very large. So can anyone tell me how can I recover deleted media files?”
It can be upsetting to realize that you have just accidentally deleted the only copy of a cherished photos or videos from your computer. But the good news is that those media files can be recovered if you act quickly. The longer you wait, the greater the chance that media files will get overwritten. Therefore as soon as you come to know that your precious media files are missing from your computer, utilize media recovery software.
As you already come to know that there is software that could help you to recover media files, it is necessary to know the reasons behind media file loss from your computer or any storage device. You may question why it is essential to know about the reasons when there is requirement for software to recover media files? It is because when you understand about the causes, you can be more careful in future while using the storage device in which media files have been stored. Few of them are given below:
- Virus Infection: Certain viruses can infect computer or other storage device by installing a piece of software that contains virus files and as a consequence of viruses, some media files gets deleted off storage devices
- Human Error: One of the biggest causes for media file loss is human error. It happens when user accidentally formats hard drive, unknowingly deleting a file or folder, improper ejection etc.
- Hardware Problem: A hardware problem such as a bad sector can cause significant amount of data loss. If media files were being stored on a drive that has bad sectors, then it can no longer be accessed and most likely to get lost. On the other hand, media files that are stored after bad sector will also become inaccessible
- Transfer Error: There may be the possibility of losing media files, if you press “Cancel” option while transferring media files from external storage drive to the computer or vice-versa
Besides the reasons mentioned above, there are more other unpredictable cases that might bring you media file loss. However you can easily overcome these situations if you use effective media file recovery software like Yodot Photo recovery.
Distinctive features of media file recovery tool
Yodot Photo Recovery is absolutely safe media file recovery utility to use as it is read-only software and does not write or change file contents during the recovery process. This commendable recovery tool can recover lost or deleted media files from corrupted and formatted storage media. In addition to this, it is spyware free which ensures complete safety of your storage device (internal and external). It is compatible with variety of common storage devices such as hard drive, external hard drive, memory card, USB drive, iPod, mobile phone, digital camera, MP3, MP4 player etc. Other feature like “Resume Recovery Session” allow you to revisit scanned and saved files by saving you from the process of re-running the scan. You can preview the recovered media files and save to any preferred location on your computer.
Steps to be followed to recover media files
- First, download and install Yodot Photo Recovery software to your PC or laptop
- If you need to recover media files from external storage media, then attach it to the computer in which you have downloaded the software
- Run the software and stick to the onscreen procedures, you will find two options on the main screen
- Select “ Deleted Photo Recovery” option to recover deleted media files
- Choose “Lost Photo Recovery” option to recover lost media files
- The application scans and displays all the logical and external storage drive(if connected) present in the system
- Choose the drive from where media files are to be recovered
- The software scans again and displays all the recoverable media files
- Choose and preview media files before saving them
- Browse for the destination location to save your rescued media files
Tips and Warning:
- Develop a practice of backing up important files because it helps you a lot in case if you lost important media files
- If you are transferring files from external storage media to the computer, make sure that you use “Copy” option
- After data loss, do not use storage media in which you have stored media files unless you recover it