Accidentally deleted a partition in an attempt make a dual boot system? Relax you can recover your important with ease using Yodot Hard Drive Recovery software for Windows. The software can find and recover data from deleted partitions.
The only undelete application for Mac that can recover deleted files from HFS+, HFSX partitions on Mac. The software also has the ability to recover lost files using RAW signature method.
RAW Photo Recovery
Owning a DSLR digital camera is something very special not only for the person who dreams to make a mark in the field of photography but also for the people who is new to the field of optics. The reason for this is that a digital camera enables the users to capture high quality pictures with which you can always capture photos to remember that wonderful moment in RAW photo format.
A RAW image file is a photo file which contains minimally processed data from the image sensor of a professional digital camera. RAW files are so named because they are non-processed and therefore are not ready to be used with a bitmap graphics editor. However, there is no single RAW file format, as different manufacturers use different RAW file formats based on their manufacture model. Some of the common RAW image file formats includes BAY (Casio), 3FR (Hasselblad), CR2, CRW (Canon), DCS, DCR, KDC (Kodak), MEF (Mamiya), MRW (Minolta), PTX, PEF (Pentax), RAF (Fuji) and RAW, RW2 (Panasonic).
Digital cameras often use memory cards such as secure digital (SD), multimedia card (MMC) or Smart media for storing RAW photos. Since the professional camera produces top quality images, every single image captured using it is very special to the user. Loss of these photos from the memory card or from a computer hard disk in any manner would be of great concern to the digital camera user.
RAW image files are lost / deleted due to below mentioned scenarios
- Human errors: This is one of the common reasons how RAW images are deleted or lost. You may accidentally delete RAW images from your memory card, digital camera, external USB drive, camcorder etc by selecting the "Delete All" option while previewing them or you may delete RAW photos by using Shift + Delete keys from your computer
- Format Error: “Disk needs to be formatted” error as soon as you connect your digital camera to your PC. This forces you to format the camera or formatting the drive / partition from the system containing your RAW files
- File system Corruption: Corruption to the file system in hard disk / memory card leads to inaccessibility and in turn results in data loss which contained your RAW image files. Corruption can occur due to many factors, like switching off the camera / camcorder during file transfer, sudden shutdown in between file transfer, virus attack, etc.
- Mishandling the Memory card: Ejecting the memory card while camera in use or taking pictures when the memory card is full also results in RAW photo loss
- Transfer error: RAW photos may get deleted / lost when sudden power surge happens while transferring photos from digital camera to PC / laptop
How to get back RAW photos?
You can definitely get back your RAW photos either lost / deleted from your camera or computer very easily (unless they are overwritten). Yodot Photo Recovery software will help you in recovery of RAW photos lost due to any of the above mentioned scenarios. It not only helps you in recovery of RAW files but also assists you to recover different file formats such as audio and video. The application supports recovery of RAW images from various kinds of memory cards such as CF card, XD card and SD card manufactured by different companies. Also provides option to “Preview” the photos so that one can select the exact photos before recovering.
Procedure to Recover RAW photos using the software
If you have lost / deleted your RAW image files from your digital cameras memory card then it is suggested to eject the memory card from your digital camera and connect the memory card via USB or card reader to your computer
- Download and install Yodot Photo Recovery tool on to your computer
- Open the application and stick to the onscreen procedure
- Make use of “Deleted Photo Recovery” or “Lost Photo Recovery” option to recover your RAW images based on the data loss scenario
- The Software scans and displays all the logical and external drives present in your system
- Choose the drive / memory card from where RAW images are to be recovered and click on “Next” button
- Allow the scanning to complete. The application displays all the recoverable photos from the selected drive
- Preview the photo files before saving them
- Choose the location to save the recovered files, it should be different from the one from where you are recovering
- Regularly back up your RAW images or any other vital photos to your Computer in order to compensate for data loss situation in the future
- Don’t take pictures on your digital cameras when battery power is low
- Check the memory card / drives twice or thrice before formatting
- Make use of “write protect” knob in your memory cards, to avoid accidental formatting or deletion
- After losing your photos from the memory card, hard disk or any other device, please stop using that corresponding device. Do not add or save any new photos to the card because it may overwrite the original data
- Prior to any deletion, make sure about your action and selection