Accidentally deleted a partition in an attempt make a dual boot system? Relax you can recover your important with ease using Yodot Hard Drive Recovery software for Windows. The software can find and recover data from deleted partitions.
The only undelete application for Mac that can recover deleted files from HFS+, HFSX partitions on Mac. The software also has the ability to recover lost files using RAW signature method.
How to Recover NEF Files from Nikon Camera?
The Nikon Digital Camera is one of the most powerful digital cameras available today. It uses NEF (Nikon Electronic Format) RAW format to store photos. The RAW photos contain all the information captured by the camera's sensor, and therefore are very important. NEF file is written to a memory card in either compressed or 'lossless' compressed form. But unfortunately, this little storage device is prone to loss of like any other storage media. Therefore, it is highly suggested to take regular backup of your NEF photos. However, if you have forgotten to take its backup and the photos present in it are important then, you need not panic. In such situations, you can easily go for photo recovery application to get back your NEF files.
Causes for loss/deletion of NEF files from Nikon digital camera
- Instantly capturing photos from Nikon camera without waiting for complete write process of single image
- Corruption of memory card file system leaves the entire NEF image files in unreadable state
- Antivirus scanning the Nikon memory card can delete some of the NEF files if they are infected
- Abrupt system shutdown, power outages or disconnecting memory card during the transfer of photos from Nikon camera to computer will bring about loss of NEF files
- Deleting NEF files by mistakenly clicking on “Delete All” or “Format” card option from Nikon camera
- Memory card pops up error messages like “card error”, “Drive not formatted; do you want to format it now?”etc causes memory card corruption and leads to inaccessibility or loss of files
You already know that losing data from your Nikon camera can cause headache to you, because deleting or losing important personal photos or professional related pictures could mean a lot and you may lose income opportunities. However, to make you tension free and restore your Nikon NEF image files in secure manner here is a competent tool named Yodot Photo Recovery.
Introduction about the Software
Yodot Photo Recovery software can be used to rescue and get back deleted, lost or missing NEF files from Nikon digital camera. It also supports recovery of RAW image formats used in all leading brands of digital cameras like Canon, Kodak, Olympus, Sony, Samsung, etc. In addition, it identifies and restores generic photo files such as JPEG, JPG, TIFF, NEF, BMP, PNG, GIFF, etc from all storage drives on Windows operating system. You can preview recovered NEF files before restoring them using trial version of the software, and hence can get complete idea of what recovery results would be with purchased version. Moreover, you can buy it at an affordable price.
Steps to recover files from Nikon Camera
- First of all, download and install Yodot Photo Recovery software to your Windows PC or laptop
- Run the software and follow the onscreen procedures, you’ll find two options on the main screen
- Select “ Deleted Photo Recovery” option to recover your deleted photos from Nikon camera
- Choose “Lost Photo Recovery” option to recover your lost photos from Nikon digital camera
- The software scans and displays all the logical and external drives (i.e. memory card of Nikon Camera) present in the system
- Select the drive from where photos are to be rescued
- The software scans again and displays all the recoverable photos and videos present in the drive that has been selected
- Select and preview the NEF photo files before saving them
- Browse for the desired storage location to save your recovered NEF files
Precautions to be taken
- Do not forget to keep the backup of important media files
- Taking photos from Nikon camera when it is running out of the battery should be avoided
- Download any good antivirus software to scan Nikon memory card to remove harmful viruses/malware
- Do not switch off the Nikon digital camera or pull out cable while transferring files from camera to computer