Accidentally deleted a partition in an attempt make a dual boot system? Relax you can recover your important with ease using Yodot Hard Drive Recovery software for Windows. The software can find and recover data from deleted partitions.
The only undelete application for Mac that can recover deleted files from HFS+, HFSX partitions on Mac. The software also has the ability to recover lost files using RAW signature method.
How to Get Back Media Files from SDHC Card?
Have you ever opened up your SDHC card, expecting to find several files on it and instead see nothing? You will be in a state of shock, initially, because you know you put the data onto it and now it is gone. Now you want to know if you can get back files from your SDHC card. Well, you will be happy to know that you can easily recover all the files from SDHC card with the help of good card recovery software.
SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity) card is a flash memory card that has been specially designed for devices which are compatible with secure digital high capacity 2.00 specification. Users can get better performance from their digital cameras by using SDHC cards which not only offer high-capacity storage but better data transfer speed. But even though SDHC cards are considered reliable and safe storage media for saving pictures, videos etc. you lose files under many circumstances.
Reasons for data loss from SDHC card are:
- Wrongly using SDHC card: Improper handling of the SDHC card is one of the main reasons for losing files. Some of the situation that makes you lose files from SDHC card due to improper handling are:
- Abrupt removal of SDHC card from digital camera or mobile while the writing process is still going on
- Continuously taking pictures from digital devices
- Taking photos or shooting videos while camera or mobile is low on battery
- Using same SDHC card in different digital devices
- Format error messages: Sometimes as soon as you connect SDHC card to your computer you might get an error message like “Card not formatted. Do you want to format it now”? This kind of error message arises when the file system of the SD card is corrupted. The only way to overcome this type of problem is by formatting SDHC card. But formatting erases entire files from your SDHC card
- Files deleted by antivirus software: Data present in the SDHC card may get deleted by the antivirus software if the files are found to be infected by virus
- Unintended deletion of pictures from camera or mobile: You may accidentally click on “Delete All” option or mark all photos using “Mark All” option instead of deleting a single unwanted photo
After losing files from SDHC card, many users think that it is gone forever and cannot be recovered. However, this is not actually true. When you delete a file, it doesn't actually disappear straight away. All that happens is the operating system marks that area on SDHC card as "empty or free”, so that in future new files can be occupy this space. As long as you haven't stored anything on that free space, there is still a chance to recover it using competent recovery software.
Note: Do not add anything on SDHC card once you realized that you have lost files from it. After completing recovery process, do not save recovered files again on SDHC card.
About SDHC Card Recovery Software
Yodot Photo Recovery software has been specially launched to recover files from memory cards such as SD card, SDHC card, SDXC card, xD card, CF card, etc. The advantage of using this software is that it knows precisely where your file was stored on SDHC card and can therefore search for the deleted and lost files using their file signatures. It also provides preview of the recovered photos, videos or music files, so that you can view it before choosing to recover.
Steps to Get Back Files from SDHC card are:
- First of all, remove card from your camera or mobile and connect it to your computer with the help of a card reader
- Now download Yodot Photo Recovery software and install it to your computer
- Once the software gets installed to your computer, run it in order to start the recovery process
- As soon as you run the software, you can see two options on the main screen they are “Deleted Photo Recovery” and “Lost Photo recovery”
- Choose any one based on the situation you have faced
- Once the selection is done, the software checks and displays all the drives that are present in your system. Select the external drive i.e SDHC, and click on “Next”
- Now the software displays the files present in the drive you have chosen
- Select the files that you want to recover by making use of two view types i.e “Data View” and “File Type View”
- View the files by making use of preview option in order to confirm that you have selected right one to recover
- Finally select the location to save the recovered files
Tips to prevent data loss
- Create backup of important files that you never intend to lose
- Before deleting any file check whether it is important or not
- If the SDHC card memory is full, then avoid saving files
- Avoid storing photos, videos etc in the SDHC card for a longer time; instead transfer them to your computer on regular basis
- Always use “Safely Remove Hardware” icon to disconnect SDHC card from your computer