- Are you getting 0xc00d36c4 video errors while playing MP4 or any other media file?
- Want to repair your corrupted media file showing the 0xc00d36c4 error?
Generally, Error code 0xc00d36c4 is linked with the MP4 files. When a user plays an MP4 movie or video, the user sees the error 0xc00d36c4. The error typically occurs after installing a new Windows operating system. If you are also facing the 0xc00d36c4 error, do not worry, this article will brief you about the 0xc00d36c4 error and help you fix the error with various methods.
What Is Error Can’t Play 0xc00d36C4?
The error code 0xc00d36c4 occurs when you try to open a file in an unsupported format and the problem could also be caused by a conflict between the computer and a USB device. You can fix this by playing the video file with another player like VLC and other methods which are mentioned in the later section of the article.
Why Do We Get this file isn’t playable Error?
Error video file isn’t playable occurs because of various reasons like unsupported file format, outdated media player, outdated drivers, corrupt video files, wrong codec, etc. However, you can fix it with the help of DIY methods which are mentioned in the article.
How To Fix The Video Error 0xc00d36c4?
There are various ways to fix the error code 0xc00d364, here are some tried and tested methods to fix this error.
Method 1: Disable Copy Protection in Windows Media Player
Encountering the error 0xc00d36c4 every time you play a video might also be due to the Windows Media player’s ‘Copy Protection feature. Thus, you need to turn off this feature to fix the error 0xc00d36c4 mp4.
Follow the below steps to disable copy protection:
- Open the Windows Media player.
- Click the Organise option which is present on the top-left side of the window.
- Now, click on the Options > Rip Music tab.
- Below the Rip settings, uncheck the Copy protect music option and click Ok.
Method 2: Convert The Video File Format
Sometimes converting the problematic video into another file format fixes the error 0xc00d36C4 Error and makes the video playable in VLC. Make sure you use a virus-free video converter tool. However, we suggest you use VLC Media Player to convert the video.
Below are the steps to convert video using the VLC Media Player:
- Open your video file with VLC Media Player.
- Go to Media and select Convert.
- Now, select the Browse option to provide the file name and location against the Destination file option.
- Add a profile or click on Edit Selected Profile.
- Now, click on the Start button.
Once the video file is converted try playing it on any media player, if the video does not show the error code 0xc00d36c4, well and good. If the error is not resolved then you can move to the next method.
Method 3: Update the Driver to fix the error 0xc00d36c4
Sometimes error code 0xc00d36c4 may occur due to hardware conflict, so you need to update the display drivers to fix the issue.
Steps to Update the display drivers:
- Go to Device Manager.
- Right-click on the driver.
- Click on the Update Driver Software.
- Click on Search Automatically for an updated driver.
Method 4: Reinstall All USB Controllers
Reinstall the USB controllers to fix the 0xc00d36c4 error:
- Press the Windows+X keys to select Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, scroll down to USB controllers and double-click on it.
- Now, right-click on the USB under the USB controllers and select uninstall.
- After uninstalling, connect your USB or any other external device to a computer, and check if the drives are reinstalled.
Now, check if the video 0xc00d364 error is fixed, if the error continues to show, then move on to the next method.
Method 5: Download The Missing Codecs
There are chances that a few supporting codec packs might be missing or not installed on your computer. In that instance, you need to download the appropriate codec(s) to fix the video file format.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to automatically download Windows Media codecs:
- In Windows Media Player, go to Tools > Options >Player.
- Select the Download codecs automatically check box.
- Now play the video file showing the 0xc00d36c4 error code again.
- If there’s any codec missing then it will prompt us to install the codec, and click Ok.
If you are not able to fix the error code 0xc00d36c4 using the above methods, then the video file might be corrupted or damaged. Not to worry you can fix the issue using Yodot Video Repair Software.
Method 6: Fix Error 0xc00d36c4 With Yodot Video Repair Software
The corruption of the video file format might also be the reason for getting the 0xc00d364 error. Yodot Video Repair is the most reliable tool to repair corrupted video. This tool is designed to repair all kinds of error corruption in the video file and it supports all video formats, like MP4, MOV, AVI, FLV, etc.
Steps To Repair the Videos Showing 0xc00d364 Error:
Step 1: Download and install the Yodot Video Repair Tool.
Step 2: Launch the tool on your computer, click on the Browse option, and Select the damaged video file that is showing an error code 0xc00d364.
Step 3: If you are repairing a MOV file, provide a healthy reference video file. If you are repairing videos of any other file format move on to the next step.
Step 4: Click on Repair to start the damaged video file repair process.
Step 5: After completion of the corrupt video repair process, you can preview the repaired video file by clicking on the Preview option.
Step 6: Save the repaired video file to the desired location by clicking on the Save option.
Usually, the 0xc00d36c4 error code occurs when you try to play a video file that is damaged or corrupted due to unsupported codecs or file corruption, as shown above. The Article ends here hoping that it has helped you in fixing the 0xc00d364 error.