Few iTunes users encountered “We could not complete your iTunes store request. The iTunes store is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later” or “Temporarily Unavailable. This feature is temporarily unavailable. Try again later” error message when they try to purchase music, update apps, launch or do some request at iTunes store.
How to Fix We Could Not Complete Your iTunes Store Request Error?
Since this error appears on both Mac OS X and Windows operating systems, the precise reason behind the error code is not determined. However, here it is listed-out few easy solutions to resolve the error “We could not complete your iTunes store request. The iTunes store is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later” in a quick way.
1# Restart and Update iTunes
If Apple server is down, then also you may encounter “we could not complete your iTunes store request” error message. So, check the status of the Apple System.
Next, restart the iTunes app and update it to the latest version. Then, shut down iTunes completely and start it again.
2# Block Cookies (on Mac)
- Close iTunes, launch Safari and click Safari Preferences
- Switch to the Privacy tab
- Enable the option Always block cookies
- Under Remove All Website Data option, click the Details button
- In thesearch bar enter apple.com and press Enter key
- Select apple.com and opt to Remove
- Close Safari and now try to open the iTunes app using your iTunes account
If the error message “We could not complete your iTunes Store request,” is resolved then, open Safari and re-enable cookies (unblock cookies).
3# Clear Cookies (on Windows)
- Close the iTunes app (if it is running) and launch Windows Explorer (File Explorer)
- Click on the Tools and select Folder Options (skip this step, in latest editions of Windows OS)
- Switch to the View tab and choose Folder Options
- Under Advanced settings, enable the Show hidden files, folder, and drives radio button and click OK
- Go to “C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\Cookies” folder.
- Select and delete entire folder contents
Now, try to launch the iTunes app and re-connect using your iTunes account.
If this doesn’t help you then, openC:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes folder and empty the iTunes folder.
Caution: It is suggested to move contents of the Cookies or iTunes folder to any of your desired folder instead of emptying it, you need this data later in the case. And, it is also advised to back up your iTunes library on a safe storage drive before you work on any iTunes error message. So, that you can restore iTunes playlists on Mac or Windows systems in the case, you come across any data loss instances.
4# Change DNS Settings
Changing the DNS settings of the router helped in solving the error “We could not complete your iTunes store request. The iTunes store is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later” in many cases. So, follow the below instructions and change your DNS settings.
It is recommended to note down the current server addresses and settings before you start.
- Open Control Panel, select “Network and Sharing Center”
- Click on the Change adapter settings option
- Select your internet
connection to change the DNS settings
For an Ethernet connection, click on Local Area Connection and choose Properties
For wireless (WiFi) connection, click on Wireless Network Connection and choose Properties
- Click Yes/OK or type in the password when prompted
- Switch to Networking tab
- Under This connection uses the following items, either select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and open Properties
- Note down your DNS server IP addresses
- Next, click Use the following DNS server addresses
- Note down Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server IP addresses
- Change the DNS server IP addresses (IPv4) to 22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199
- Click OK and restart your internet connection
In case, you are unable to modify the DNS settings, try using a different Wi-Fi network.