If you are a regular Outlook user, then along with its advantages, you will also be familiar with the disadvantages and issues with the application. In this article, we discuss about some issues that cause Outlook to crash and how to solve them.
Case 1: Check if add-ins are causing trouble
Although add-ins improves Outlook’s functionality, it is found to create problems in some cases. In order to investigate if this is the issue, follow the steps listed below.
- Close Outlook and open Run by clicking on Windows + R (on Windows 10 or Windows 8). If you’re running Windows 7, click on Start and type Run in the search box
- In the Run dialogue box, type Outlook /safe and click Ok
- If you find that Outlook works without crashing, then click Options > File menu > Add-ins
- Select COM Add-ins > Go
- Clear all add-ins and click Ok
- Re-open Outlook and if the issue doesn’t show up again, enable the add-ins one at a time. If the issue re-appears, then you know which is the add-in causing trouble
Case 2: Repair Microsoft Office
- Click on Windows + X and select Control Panel from the list
- Click Uninstall a program
- Right click on Microsoft Office and click Change > Online Repair
The error will be fixed if it was caused due to issues with Microsoft Office. If this does not solve your problem, proceed to the next step.
Case 3: Run the Outlook diagnostics and troubleshooter
- Click on the Outlook automated tool to fix issues and run it to solve related Outlook issues
- If that doesn’t help, open Microsoft Support & Recovery Assistant for Office 365
- Select one of the following options
- Outlook keeps hanging or freezing
- Outlook crashes with a message ‘Microsoft Outlook has stopped working’
This tool will provide some options to fix issues with Outlook, which you can use to resolve Outlook crashing or freezing problems.
Case 4: Repair associated PST files
If none of the methods work and if your Outlook still crashes or if Outlook is not working, it is probably because the associated PST file is corrupt or damaged. Repairing this PST file will automatically help you resolve such errors in Outlook.
To repair the PST file, Yodot PST repair software is the best choice. It is designed to repair all types of corruption in PST files like corruption caused due to storing the PST file on a network, improperly compacting the PST file, improper usage of Outlook, over-sized PST file or other various reasons.
Yodot PST Repair works in such a way that your original file is not altered, so originality of your Outlook data is maintained even after the file is repaired. Once the PST file is repaired, it can be imported to Outlook and all attributes like emails, contacts, calendars, etc. can be recovered. If you are looking for Outlook repair software, Yodot is the perfect choice. You also have a trial version, so download it and see how it works!