Installing Windows 10 on your Solid State Drive (SSD) makes the system boot faster and the system runs faster. If you are unable to install your Windows 10 Operating system on an SSD, follow the below solutions to get you started.
- Your SSD is not recognized by BIOS
BIOS lists your SSD the moment you connect it. If it is not showing up, try these fixes.
- Check your SSD cable connection. Try a different SATA cable, if need be. You can also try connecting it to an external USB adapter to verify if there’s a damaged BIOS connection.
- Make sure SATA port is enabled. Once you connect a new SSD drive to the system, you need to manually turn it ON to see the drive in BIOS.
- Connect your SSD to a different system and check if it is detected.
- Convert your disk to GPT
You can convert the disk to GPT or turn off UEFI boot mode and enable legacy boot mode. Once you boot into BIOS, make sure you set SATA to AHCI mode.
- Type cmd in the search bar and hit Enter to open Command Prompt.
- Now type DISKPART and hit Enter.
- Type list disk. You can see all the disks. Note down your disk number.
- Type select disk [disk number]. For instance select disk 0.
- Now type convert gpt.
- Setting up your GPT disk
If you are able to see your SSD drive on Windows 10 system, but cannot install Windows 10 on it, you see the following error:
“Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style”.
You can overcome this issue by changing your BIOS settings or converting the disk to MBR partition style.
- Enable UEFI mode in BIOS settings. If you see legacy boot mode, convert the SSD to MBR disk.
- Press Shift+F10 to open Command Prompt.
- Type Diskpart and hit Enter.
- Type List Disk and hit Enter. You can see the list of disks. Note down your disk number.
- Type Select disk [disk number] and hit Enter.
- Type Clean Convert MBR.
Once the process completes, you can install your Windows 10 Operating system on your SSD.
Recover data using Yodot Hard Drive Recovery
While converting your disk to GPT, there is a large possibility of data loss. If you have not backed up your data and suffered data loss in the process, do not worry.
Yodot Hard Drive Recovery can recover all the lost or deleted data with ease. The software can restore data under any circumstance including data loss that might occur due to “Windows cannot be installed to this disk” issue.
The data recovery software has a great scanning mechanism which scans every sector on your hard drive to restore lost or deleted data. It supports the restoration of data from all kinds of hard drives and the restored data can be stored on ZIP files in order to save disk space.
If there are bad sectors on your hard drive, the software creates a disk image of the drive, bypassing all the bad sectors and files are recovered later after scanning the disk images.
You can recover lost or deleted data from formatted, re-formatted hard drives or partitions as well.
If you are looking for easy ways to perform gpt disk partition recovery, Yodot Hard Drive Recovery is the best bet.
Just download the software, follow simple on-screen instructions to recover your data. The data recovery tool works on Windows and Mac Operating systems.