Mac OS Mojave is an incredibly fast and stable OS that has made many users happy. Some of its new features like stacks, dark mode, enhancements in its Finder, new applications, finder, and screenshot enhancements etc. are particularly useful.
But like every other OS version, users using Mojave also do experience certain issues. Certain third party apps not working, Mac freezing often, Mac getting stuck on the login screen, Time Machine not working are some of the most common problems users experience. In this blog post, we cover solutions to resolve the issue of Time Machine not working after Mojave upgrade.
Solutions to resolve ‘Time Machine not working after Mojave update’
Some users complain that when they try to use the Time Machine backup, they get an error message ‘There was an error while copying files’. In order to solve this Time Machine issue, you can follow the steps below.
- Go to the Apple menu bar and select Time Preferences
- Then choose Time Machine > Turn OFF
- Then go to Macintosh HD and select Library > Preferences
- In the Preferences folder, delete the file ‘com.apple.TimeMachine.plist’
- Now, select Time Preferences and open Time Machine again
- Choose an external drive as a target to save Time Machine backup and start the backup process
These steps will help you resolve the error that was preventing you from creating a backup successfully.
Mac OS Mojave does not allow the usage of Terminal’s utility command with Time Machine and hence you may be receiving an error. For instance, executing ‘$ sudo tmutil listbackups’ command through the terminal will give an error message ‘The operation could not be completed because ‘tmutil’ could not access the private application on the backup disk’.
In order to resolve this problem, you can follow the steps below.
- Click on the Apple menu and select System Preferences
- Click on the Security & Privacy icon
- Under the Privacy tab, select ‘Terminal’ to be added under the list of apps that are allowed to access application data.
Now you should be able to use Time Machine and back up data without any issues.
Recover data using Yodot data recovery software
Time Machine is no doubt a reliable means for backing up data and restoring it when necessary. However, there may be situations when Time Machine can fail or there may be damage to the drive where Time Machine has stored its backup. In other cases, Time Machine backup may get accidentally deleted due to human errors. So, it becomes inevitable for you to recover data in such cases and in order to do so, data recovery software like Yodot is proven to be extremely useful.
It is designed to recover accidentally deleted Time Machine backup files in a matter of minutes. Using this tool, data will be recovered in the same form as it was originally when backed using Time Machine.