How to Repair AVI File Index?
“I tried to play AVI video files on VLC media player. It reports some error about AVI index: ‘This AVI file is broken. Seeking will not work correctly. Do you want to try to fix it? This might take a long time.’ I chose yes, it began fixing the AVI index and exited when the repair progress bar reaches 50%. Then the AVI files started playing the video and stopped in middle. I closed the application and opened again, the same error encounters as mentioned above. If I try to fix it takes too long and won’t play properly, how many times I open this video files the same thing happens. If anybody who knows any solution to resolve this type of AVI index problem, then please help me out”.
Hey don’t worry this type of errors commonly encounter when your AVI video file index is corrupted or broken. AVI video file won’t be able to play in any of the media player when file index is damaged. If you want to make this video playable, then you must fix the index error by using AVI video file repair tool. But prior to repairing AVI file index, let us see some of the common reasons for corruption of AVI file index.
- AVI file index might get corrupted while downloading the AVI video from internet
- AVI video file index can get corrupted while sharing it on network
- AVI file index will get damaged if it is not copied properly while moving video file from one storage drive to another
- AVI video file index may be broken and video becomes unplayable while converting AVI file to other video file format
If the AVI file index is corrupted, then you can’t play AVI files on any media player and if it plays also it will close or freeze the application before completing the entire length of the AVI video file. If this is the case with your AVI video file, then don’t hassle about it. You can fix AVI file index with the aid of accurate AVI repair tool such Yodot AVI Repair.
Software for fixing AVI file index error:
Yodot Riparazione AVI is an excellent video repair tool that is mainly designed to fix all type of issues concerned with AVI video files. This software is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems to let users to can easily fix AVI with index problems on their systems. By using this application you can repair corrupted or truncated AVI video files that refuse to play in any of the media player. In addition to AVI files it can fix other different video file formats like DIVX and XVID in a well organized manner. You can also repair all AVI files that are recorded from different storage drives like cameras, mobiles and other multimedia players.
How to fix AVI index error?
- Download and install Yodot AVI Repair on your Windows OS computer
- Run the application to start the recovery process and follow the recovery instructions present on screen
- In main screen, enter the AVI file that is to be repaired or you can browse for the corrupted or damaged AVI index file
- The software starts repairing the selected AVI file
- As soon as the repair process gets completed, it shows the repaired AVI file along with the file description
- You can preview the repaired AVI file to confirm successful repair
- At the end save the repaired AVI video file in a desired location on your system
- Always keep additional copy or take backup of your important AVI files on some other storage device
- Install good anti-virus program to avoid virus or malware infection on AVI files that are stored in the system
- Don’t use any third party application to convert AVI file to other system supportable video file format