“Hi friends, I had no problem with my iTunes prior to very recently. But I started facing this message- “The iTunes Library file cannot be found or created” after I moved iTunes library to new system from my external disk. I am unable to open iTunes due to the error. How to fix it?”
What is “The iTunes Library file cannot be found or created”?
When you try to open iTunes application after installing it freshly or upgrading it to higher version, you may face the iTunes Library file cannot be found or created, folder containing iTunes library cannot be found etc error messages.
Why the folder containing iTunes library cannot be found error pops-up?
When some special registry properties are missing in My Music folder (Music folder) then iTunes can't discover its folder default location (iTunes library) hence iTunes doesn't open. And this error arises.
How to fix this iTunes folder cannot be found or created error?
1. Launch iTunes and hold Shift key
2. If you don’t have iTunes library then:
- Click on Create Library option
- Create library in default location (Music > iTunes)
- Hit the Save button
3. If you already have iTunes library then:
- Click on Choose Library
- Hit Browse button
- Go to default location of iTunes library
- Click oniTunes Library.itl file
Now you should be able to open iTunes without any issue.
If still error message- iTunes the required folder cannot be found comes-up then you need to uninstall and reinstall iTunes application. Even though it's improbable that after uninstalling iTunes Library you will lose files, it is recommended you to backup iTunes library files first.
In case you failed to backup ITunes files due to this error then follow below mentioned steps.
- Install Yodot Mac Photo Recovery tool on your Macintosh
- Launch it and select Lost Photo Recovery
- Pick the volume where your iTunes is present
- Tick Picture, Music and Video, Digital RAW Picture checkboxes
- Mark required iTunes files in File Type View or Data View
- Save them on another safe location
Now uninstall iTunes and its related components completely. And do fresh installation.
Tool to recover iTunes files:
Yodot Mac Photo Recovery is outstanding iTunes library recovery software that aids you to safeguard iTunes files when you are facing iTunes the required folder cannot be found error. This prominent media retrieval program restores lost or deleted files from iTunes on Mac machines in secure way. The tool retrieves all sorts of files including music (formats: MP3, MP4, M4b, AIFF, AIF, etc), videos (formats: AVI, MOV, MP4, MPEG, MPG, etc), images (formats: JPG, JPEG, PNG, TIF, TIFF, GIF, PSD, IMG, EXIF) and many other iTunes files. This tool also recovers media files from other devices like camera, camcorder, cell phone, media player and more. The program supports various editions of Mac OS X and has easy-to-use interface, so any user can utilize it effortlessly.
Tips to mange iTunes:
- Frequently delete iOS apps which you don’t use
- Fill missing metadata when manually adding files to iTunes