“My iPod is very old and I have been using it since many years. Even though it is old, I was able to play songs smoothly without any difficulties. But yesterday I have accidentally dropped the iPod and upon starting it, I got format error message. I cannot format my old iPod as it has huge amount of songs which I have been saving from many years. What should I do in this situation?”
iPod has gained popularity around world and users utilize it in order to listen songs. In old iPod, you can store only songs; where as in modern iPod you can even add pictures and videos. Old iPod looks very small and it has hard drive to store plenty of songs. Even though different models of iPod have been introduced, users still prefer using old iPod since it is reliable and plays music files easily. However, few unpredicted instances that are encountered as listed below can make you lose all songs from old iPod.
- You will lose access to entire data stored in old iPod in case you format it unintentionally
- Using iPod for long time could develop bad sectors and you will get access denied error message while trying to play songs
- At the time of arranging playlist on iPod, you may accidentally delete needed songs from it
- You might mistakenly click on “Delete” option instead of “Copy” while transferring files from old iPod to your Mac computer
Keeping songs in old iPod is risky as it may stop working at any point, so one should transfer entire collections of songs to Mac computer and save them as a backup copy. But songs may get lost before you decide to create backup of it. Therefore before songs get overwritten and you lose them permanently, use reliable music recovery software on your Mac computer.
old iPod music recovery software:
One can take help from Yodot Mac Photo Recovery software which has the ability to restore precious songs from old iPod. Easy functionality included in this software will facilitate users to get back music files back from old iPod without any complications. It will show file signatures and categories which has been used to recover files. In addition to this, it will give you the choice to mark files particularly or to select them once. This tool allows users to get back files from iPod that displays various error messages due to corruption. This software can even be used to bring back photos, videos, MS Office files, compressed files, animations and so on. Apart from old iPod, it can regain media files from upgraded iPod models such as iPod Classic, iPod Shuffle, iPod Mini and iPod Nano. Utilize free demo to check whether you can successfully recover lost music files from iPod on Mac OS X Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion and Mavericks machines.
Instructions to get back songs from old iPod
- Connect old iPod to your Mac computer and wait till it appears on your Mac Finder
- Download Yodot Mac Photo Recovery software on your Mac computer
- Launch the application and go as per the instructions displayed on-screen
- Choose any one option out of the two and you will get another window containing available drives
- Click on the drive which indicate your old iPod and then allow it to scan by clicking on “Next”
- Then application will show the list of files which can be selected for recovering from old iPod
- Select required music file types from shown list; otherwise click on ‘Skip’ to select all files by default
- Preview recovered files to ensure successful recovery of music files and also to confirm about your selection
- Finally save retrieved files in preferred location on your Macintosh computer
- There may be the possibility of bad sector formation on old iPod so backup your music files in a safe location
- Carefully select option at the time of moving files from old iPod to Mac computer