Migrating MS Outlook 2007 Account Settings
“I need to migrate Outlook 2007 account settings to my other desktop installed with same Outlook version. Is it possible to migrate it without much difficulty? Is there any manual way to export or is there any third party tool that can be used to move Outlook data and settings? Please help me out…!!”
Yes, there is a manual way to easily export Outlook 2007 account setting from one computer to another. Here are the methods listed to follow on two desktop, that is old and new one.
Things to do on old machine:
First of all, close Outlook application if it is running. To export Outlook account settings, you need to export the magic key, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\
Open Registry Editor and select the key that you want to save as a file. On File menu, click on Export. Then in Export Registry File dialog box, click on 'Save in' and select the drive or network computer where you want to save the data. Later enter a name for the key. And in 'Save as type', set it as Registration Files(*.reg) and Save it.
To move your old mail, you need to copy PST file to new computer: Click on Start, Run and type as %userprofile%\localsettings\application data\microsoft\outlook and hit on OK. In that folder you will get some PST file, copy it to any portable drive.
Things to do on New computer:
At first you need to import profile information. So that double click on Outlook profile that you exported on old computer. That will import new data into the registry. Next you need to get your data back, so that click on Start, Run and type %userprofile%\local setting\application data\microsoft\outlook and click OK. Now copy *.pst file that you found on old desktop.
Now you have to set Outlook to use profile from old computer: Open Control Panel and open 'Mail' applet. Click on 'Show Profile' button and choose the profile name that matches the one you use from 'Always Use this Profile' drop down and click on OK. Now your mail account is setup and ready to go.
If this process fails to work, no need to panic! As we have prominent third party tool to migrate Outlook 2007 account setting and other attributes easily.
Software to migrate Outlook 2007 Account settings:
Yodot Move Outlook PST is perfect tool to migrate Outlook 2007 Outlook account setting in safe and secure manner on Windows computer. It has caliber to move Outlook calendars, emails, attachments, tasks, signatures, rules, alerts, etc. It is made user friendly and understandable GUI that clearly says everything with just few simple clicks. User can efficiently import items from PST file on Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365 with no mistake using this program. It helps to export Outlook data on Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008 and 2003 OS based computers. Moreover, it is also used to create backup of complete Outlook account along with exporting Outlook attributes on same computer or between two desktops at desired interval of time using schedule option.
How to use the software?
- Download Yodot Move Outlook PST utility on Windows PC and install it
- Now click on 'Backup' option among given three options
- In next screen hit on 'Smart Backup' to take backup of entire PST file along with account settings or press 'Advanced Backup' option to choose selective attributes that need to be imported
- Save backup file on desired location on system hard drive
- If you are importing Outlook PST attributes on same desktop then upgrade the version and then run the tool
- If you are importing to another computer, transfer this backup file onto new computer and run the software
- On main screen select 'Migrate' option and choose backup file that you already saved on system disk
- Now click on few Next buttons and move PST attributes to desired profile in Outlook 2007
- Then open Outlook and you will see neatly configured PST file
- Before pursuing with manual procedure of migrating Outlook 2007 data, have complete knowledge about it
- Read entire instructions while migrating Outlook 2007 account settings using the software