How to Migrate Outlook Contacts?
“I have successfully configured Outlook on my new laptop and stopped using it in desktop. But the problem is, I need to get only contacts from my Outlook Profile on desktop and place it into newly configured PST file on laptop. There are some hundreds of contacts and manually I cannot create it. Can I move them altogether without having to copy rest of the mail data from PST file saved on desktop? If yes, then please suggest me how to do this?”
Moving Outlook data from one computer to another or to latest application version is always been a monotonous job for Outlook users. This process simply requires exporting all contacts from desktop PST file and importing it into Outlook Profile present in laptop or other computer. However, one may find this task difficult and commit mistakes during the process because of incomplete knowledge. To reduce the risk of moving Outlook attributes like contacts onto Outlook on different computer, there are few alternatives. One of the reliable alternatives is to employ good third party tool.
Best utility to transfer Microsoft Outlook contacts:
To easily migrate Outlook PST contacts from desktop to laptop or vice versa Yodot Move Outlook PST is the suitable tool. This program includes much friendly interface to carry out moving of Outlook contacts between different computers. All it does is backs up Outlook contacts or entire Outlook Profile along with account settings and saves it in some location. You need to run the application on another computer and then restore the previously created backup file into Outlook on this system.
In addition, you can also migrate Outlook attributes such as emails, calendar events, rules, etc. to setup Outlook in another system. It is also helpful in moving PST data from Microsoft Outlook into Microsoft Office 365 on all latest Windows operating systems. You can use the utility to move PST data during migration of Outlook into newer version. Apart from moving Outlook PST, you can even benefit using this tool to backup and restore the data whenever required.
Follow these steps to move Microsoft Outlook contacts:
- Download and install Yodot Move Outlook PST software on your old computer
- After launching tool with the help of instructions, wait till main screen appears
- Now, click on ‘Backup’ option and select ‘Advance Backup’ to take backup of only Outlook PST contacts
- Save this backup file to a known location on computer drive
- Next, copy the backup file in to some external storage drive and connect it to new PC / laptop into which you wish to move Outlook contacts
- Then run Yodot Move Outlook utility on second computer and choose Migrate option from main screen
- Browse and select backup file from the external storage drive and complete the process by clicking on series of ‘Next’ buttons
- Outlook will quickly configure the moved contacts in to existing PST file
- Know complete requirements of the tool before making use of it
- Take multiple backup of Outlook PST contacts in desired storage drive to avoid unexpected damage during process