How to Move PST File from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2010?
Managing email data on computer can be easily done with the aid of MS Outlook. It is convenient mail service provided by MS Office suite to organize email account in user friendly ways. MS Outlook program comes in various versions for Windows desktop. When Outlook 2010 was introduced with many useful features, many user upgraded from older Outlook versions to 2010. Moving PST file to higher version of Outlook requires some basic knowledge, which is not seen in most of the users. In case of transferring Outlook 2003 to 2010, user would face unexpected interruptions causing PST corruption.
Let us consider a scenario: Your system is configured with Outlook 2003 but you would like to upgrade it to Outlook 2010 version. After upgrading the latest version, your Outlook 2003 PST file did not configure properly and some attributes were lost in it. In that condition, you may search for easy method to move PST file from Outlook 2003 to 2010.
Some other situations that can block accessibility of importing PST file to Outlook 2010 are listed below:
- Incomplete import or exporting of Outlook 2003 PST file can stop its accessibility to open the file in Outlook 2010 after transferring
- Saving Outlook 2003 exported PST file in a location affected with virus or bad sector can corrupt the file and importing same file to Outlook 2010 will block its access
- Improper setup of Outlook 2010 or software conflict after incorrect upgrade may refuse to display PST file in it
- While configuring transferred PST file on new Outlook 2010 if any error occurs then it may cause inaccessibility of file
All above mentioned instances can make transfer process incomplete leading to some problem. To avoid such situations, one can make use of genuine software to migrate Outlook 2003 PST file to 2010.
Software to move Outlook 2003 PST to 2010:
User can make use of Yodot Move Outlook PST utility to export PST file from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2010 on Windows operating system without any trouble. It can easily move all mail attributes like calendar, email folder, contacts, alerts, signature, personal folder, rules, tasks, etc. and profile setting of Outlook 2003 to 2010. It is applicable for various versions of MS Outlook like Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and Office 365 versions. This application is compatible on Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2003 OS based computers. Along with exporting Outlook attributes on same desktop or between two systems, it is used to create entire backup of Outlook profile at desired interval of time. Moreover, you need not worry about anything while migrating Outlook items because this software is made of user friendly and understandable GUI that clearly says everything.
Procedure to move PST file from Outlook 2003 to 2010:
- Download and install Yodot Move Outlook PST utility on Windows desktop
- Run the tool with the help of given instructions on screen
- Now click on 'Backup' option among given three options
- In next screen hit on 'Smart Backup' to take backup of entire PST file along with account settings or press 'Advanced Backup' option to choose selective attributes that need to be moved
- Save backup file in desired location on computer HDD
- If you are moving Outlook 2003 PST attributes to 2010 on same system then upgrade the version and then run the tool
- If you are exporting it to another computer, transfer this backup file onto new computer and run the program
- On main screen choose 'Migrate' option and select backup file that you already saved on system disk
- Now click on few Next buttons and move PST attributes into desired profile in Outlook 2010
- Then open Outlook 2010 and you will see neatly configured PST file
- Have complete knowledge about how to move Outlook mailbox manually before continuing with process
- Do not migrate Outlook 2003 to 2010 without holding correct backup of PST file