How to Migrate Outlook Journal?
Journal is a feature in Outlook that can automatically record actions like phone calls, emails, messages, meeting requests and responses for selected contacts. Also, it can track other MS Office files such as Excel workbooks and Word documents.
By following below procedure you can record items and files automatically by using journals in MS Outlook:
Go to Tools-> Click on “Options”-> click on Journal Options-> In the Automatically record these Items window, select the items that you want to record automatically-> In 'For these contacts' dialogue box, select the contacts to which you want to record automatically-> Next, select the check boxes next to programs for which you want to record automatically in Journal from the window 'Also record files from'
On the other hand, Outlook users may come across some situations in which they need to move Journal to another Outlook interface. In such case, if she/he commits a small mistake also it may result in loss of journal data. Let us know in which conditions Outlook user will move Journal:
- While changing the computer
- While changing user account to another system
- While employee leaves the organization
- While taking backup of data before formatting system hard disk
- Also when migrating Outlook to any latest version
Software to move Outlook Journal:
Make use of Yodot Move Outlook PST software to easily transfer Outlook Journal without any efforts. Addition to Journals, it has capacity to move other Outlook attributes such as mails, Personal folders, Notes, Tasks, Calendar, Rules and events. Other most important feature of this software is it can move Outlook profiles along with its settings. The “Schedule” function of this utility will generate automatic backup of Outlook data. It supports all versions of Outlook such as 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and Office 365 either during Outlook migration or shifting PST between two computers. Due to read only architecture of this program it won’t alter original content and also it will protect Outlook data from getting damaged. It is compatible with all versions of Windows such as Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and 2008.
Procedure to move Microsoft Outlook Journal:
- At first, install Yodot Move Outlook PST software on Windows system, then run it
- In main screen, it will display 3 options for you namely “Back Up”, “Restore” and “Migrate”
- To move Outlook Journal, first you need to create its backup using “Backup” option
- In next screen, it will show two sub options like “Smart Backup” and “Advanced Backup”, click on “Advanced Backup” to move only Journal
- Then, save back up file to a known location and close the application
- If you are trying to move journal to upgraded version of Outlook on same system, upgrade Outloook and run the software again
- In case you wish to transfer Outlook journal to upgraded version on another system, copy backup file to second system and then run the same software in the system
- Now, click on “Migrate” option in main screen and select the backup file (which is created for Journal), then click on “Next” button to finish the process
- Be careful while moving Outlook Journal to some other location as it may get damaged
- Do proper settings while creating Journals
- Contact 24x7 technical staff if you have any issue while exporting Outlook Journal using the program