How to Move Outlook 2007 to 2010?
“I want to upgrade my Outlook 2007 version to Office Outlook 2010 version. Previously, when my husband tried to move the PST data, PST file got corrupt and I had to lose so much of information. I don’t want to take any risk of losing Outlook items due to PST corruption or other mistakes now. So let me know if anyone knows easy method to move Outlook 2007 data onto Outlook 2010 on Windows 8 system?”
Microsoft Outlook application has different versions similar to other Office applications on Windows system. Among various versions, Outlook 2007 introduced more user-friendly interface to access mail items on desktop. Its successor, Outlook 2010 added some more excellent features to this and many users upgraded from Outlook 2007 to 2010 in this period. But, the process of migrating Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2010 is not an easy task. Manually, one should first export complete PST data into some safe location, then install Office 2010, setup Outlook and then import PST data into this Outlook environment. But, this tedious method can make path for complete inaccessibility of imported PST data in Outlook 2010 due to reasons as mentioned below:
- While saving exported PST file from Outlook 2007 user may save it in a location affected with bad sector or virus intrusion that corrupts the file and thus when imported this file to Outlook 2010 it stops to open
- Incomplete export or importing of PST data file can block this file from opening in Outlook 2010 after moving
- Incorrect setup of Outlook 2010 or application malfunctioning after improper upgrade may corrupt / refuse to display PST data in it
If you have tried this monotonous method to migrate MS Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2010 and failed to do it correctly then you can try using third party tool to move Outlook PST data in a simplest way.
Smart way of moving Outlook 2007 PST to 2010:
On Windows computers PST data from Outlook 2007 can be easily transferred to MS Outlook 2010 if Yodot Move Outlook PST tool is employed. This software has options to easily move PST items like tasks, emails, contacts, rules, alerts, signature, etc. from Outlook 2007 to safely move onto Outlook 2010. It can even move Profile settings along with all other PST attributes, which is not possible through manual way. The application backs up entire PST file along with account settings into a file, which is then placed into newer Outlook version on same computer or another system. It helps to migrate Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013 to its higher versions and Office 365. Conversely, this application can be used to create Outlook PST backup automatically at scheduled time. One can install this program on Windows computers running with Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008, Server 2003, Windows 7 and, recent Windows 8.x and Windows 10 OS versions.
Follow the steps below to transfer Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2010:
- Install the software by downloading it from here on your Windows computer
- Run the tool with the help of given instructions and wait for main screen
- Now click on ‘Backup’ among given three options and next select ‘Smart Backup’ to take backup of complete PST file along with settings
- If you want to choose selective attributes that needs to be moved then go with ‘Advance Backup’ option
- Save the backup file to a known location on computer drive
- If you are transferring Outlook 2007 PST items to Outlook 2010 on another computer transfer this backup file onto that new computer and run the tool on that system
- If you wish to migrate Outlook 2007 to 2010 on same computer, then upgrade the version and later run the tool again
- Now in main screen choose ‘Migrate’ option and choose backup file that you previously saved on computer drive
- Click on some series of Next buttons and move PST items onto destined Profile in Outlook 2010
- Now, open Outlook 2010 and you will see that moved items are neatly configured in it
Things to Remember:
- If you are manually moving Outlook data, have complete knowledge before continuing with the process
- It is recommended to hold backup while trying to transfer Outlook 2007 to any higher version