How to Move Outlook Inbox to New Computer?
“Previously I was using desktop for my personal as well as professional purpose. Yesterday, I bought a new laptop and copied entire data, which I had stored in desktop except Outlook data, because it’s not possible to copy the inbox mails normally. I even don’t know what procedure should be followed to transfer emails form inbox. If anyone has idea how to move Outlook inbox to new computer, then just share with me. Waiting for reply…….”
Addition to above mentioned scenario, there are some other situations where we need to move Outlook inbox:
- While moving Windows account to another system
- Before and after reinstalling Windows operating system
- Before upgrading Outlook version
While moving Outlook inbox to some other computer, you should follow proper procedure, otherwise, there is chance of Outlook inbox getting corrupt, as a result you may lose emails from it. For a common user, moving Outlook inbox on own is a risky task. To ease this task, you can use reliable Outlook migration tool.
Software to move Outlook Inbox to new computer:
User friendly interface of Yodot Move Outlook PST program will make even non technical users to move Outlook Inbox easily without any issue. It is built with read only architecture to protect Outlook data from corruption. It provides different levels of backup like “Smart backup” and “Advanced Backup” through which user can backup their Outlook data efficiently. Addition to Outlook Inbox, it can move other Outlook attributes such as Notes, Contacts, emails, Personal folders, tasks, Journals, etc. Apart from this, inbuilt scheduler option of this utility will generate automatic backup of Outlook data. It is compatible with all Windows OS such as Windows10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 and 2008 operating system.
Procedure to move Outlook Inbox to new computer:
- First install Yodot Move Outlook PST software on Windows system. then run it (before running installed software just exit Outlook if it is opened)
- Once you run this program, it will display 3 options namely “Back Up”, “Restore” and “Migrate”
- To move Outlook Inbox first you need to create its backup using “Backup” option
- In next window, it will show two sub options such as “Smart Backup” and “Advanced Backup”, click on “Advanced Backup” to move Inbox
- Now save back up file to a known location and close application
- To move Outlook Inbox to new computer, copy backup file to destination computer using portable drive and install and run same software on that system as well
- Now, click on “Migrate” option in main window and select backup file that contains Outlook Inbox and click on “Next” button to complete the process
Tips to Follow!!
- Take multiple copies of Outlook Inbox before moving it to new computer to prevent data loss situations
- You can contact technical support team available 24/ 7 to resolve if any issues occur while moving Outlook Inbox using the tool